Nerf XP gain in old dungeons, don't make them impossible to solo....(STRAT)

Why make this impossible for farming solo this far into the game? I can see why nerfing the boosting, I get that, but a solo farm…Feels dumb.

Edit: For those of you wondering, there’s a perma stun in trash now

32 Likes

Thatis very sadge for solo farm … Couldn’t they have just nerfed XP gain in combination with lower level grps? …

4 Likes

100% agree. They should of just nerfed the xp gain. Not the entire farm. It’s kind of absurd to kill it like that.

4 Likes

shouldnt have nerfed anything people complaining ruined it

5 Likes

The reason is bots. They either had to combat bots ability to make gold, punish buyers more severely to stop gold buying, or put the token in. They decided to make it harder for bots to farm

9 Likes

But now the only way to farm is herb/mine in open world? That’s a joke. The reason I leveled a Paladin for raw gold Strat farm is the bots killing the possibility to herb/mine… So once again they punish the player and not the bots.

6 Likes

This doesn’t make it harder for bots to farm. Bots are software. It takes about 5 minutes of code updating by someone managing the bots to account for the change. The only difference it makes is the amount of time it takes to farm the gold.

And I guarantee you the people making the bots had alterations ready to go as soon as these changes went live. This will do nothing whatsoever to stop botting - only to make the prices of RMT gold spike up a bit.

1 Like

Get better gear and you can raw gold farm in higher level dungeons instead of running straight to strat in boosted noob gear.

THIS! It’s because of bots.

people just use the term bot for foreign gold farmers imo.

3 Likes

I am T6 geared, I liked Strat as it was a nice zone-out and listen to music farm.

3 Likes

/shrug

Why have a bunch of people sitting around doing gruntwork when you can have 20 WoW clients on one computer, each with a software bot doing the rounds?

People farming gold for RMT transactions is very 16 years ago. I’m all for nostalgia, but that is just silly.

I ain’t saying it will actually stop the bots but it’s a clear effort. The majority of the playerbase doesn’t understand botting, the economy, or how to make gold. If Blizzard says " we nerfed dungeons to make life harder for bots" and the plebians see all the new stuns adding time to dungeon runs they’ll assume it worked.

Win win for Blizz, the bots make a little less per hour and people think they are trying. All the people legitimately farming dungeons are collateral damage but can still make money.

bro bots can literally kill the mobs while flying underneath the map lmao, this doesn’t do anything to bots

5 Likes

From what i understand is that it doesnt affect solo farming the dungeon. At least not for paladins in strat since we dont use any slows or roots

Says the person that has no idea what the mechanic is… mobs perma stun and theres no way to stop it…

it definitely does, you become permanently stunned after meeting duration criteria

1 Like

Hacking bots are outside the scope of my response. My position remains, this change impacts gold farmers more than bots but will also affect bots.

1 Like

Where did you get that info?

You joking…right? Blizzard can’t be that stupid.