Nerf Mage Tower now or I unsub

Looking through your achievements, you don’t even have “Fighting with style: Challenging” which brings zero credibility to your argument since you never obtained the original Mage Tower transmog.

As someone who has 30/36 appearances from the Legion Mage Tower. This variant of the system with zero borrowed powers only goes to every flaw in the developers class design.

In Legion we had the artifact weapon tree, two legendaries and the Netherlight Crucible System, Sylvan Elixirs, Drums with 25% haste instead of the now 15% at all on which we relied on. And none work.

By design, all Timewalking gear that was relevant tied to that expansion has worked in throughout that expansions dungeons and raids (eg: Warglaives, Val’anyr, Shadowmourne, Dragonwrath, Tarecgosa’s Rest, WoD Rings, Azerite traits) and ZERO of that borrowed power system has been brought into Legion timewalking.

2 Likes

LOL, kind of an over used troll…but damn this made me laugh, you can almost hear the female voice in your head screeching this laughable statement.

I saw now. Thanks for sharing!

This is sort of good news, but I am wary because it seems that they will only look at “some” of the specs, and as usual they defended themselves by saying some challenges were more difficult than “intended”.

When you increase the damage or health of enemies by multiple times that which was tested, how can you not be “intending” for the affected challenges to become nearly impossible for the typically geared/skilled player?

1 Like

“intended” ehh i didnt knew mage tower guardian was for 10 secs beatable coz my guardian challange is ending in 10 secs coz velen is dying from 1 shot lul .
I love how some of the “pro” players defend these unique challenges as “git gud” because these MT challanges currently cannot be outgeared and most importantly if this supposed to be this hard then where the hell are the other skins that were obtainable when the MT first appeared ?

2 Likes

Wishing does solve 99.995% of all problems so you are on the right track.

Have you tried to wish harder? You may just not want it bad enough~

How about everyone read the blue post before they troll anymore? If not, flag them and move along.

2 Likes

Here is the WoWhead article. Basically same thing as Arkane has posted above.

Velen is made of paper… If you don’t get aggro THE SECOND adds appear, === GG.
Though I managed to get past Phase 1, at Kruul, my best attempt was 16% and then just 1 shot thru survival instincts. So even if I lived, wouldn’t have mattered. Guy hits too hard.

The second you use ANY DR prior to 3rd stack, might as well restart it.
They need to nerf it by solid 50% at least.

3 Likes

If you made it to krull hats off to you man because those nether mobs are hitting harder than jailor :stuck_out_tongue: . Velen shouldnt be dying at all if they are gonna do this stupid level of difficulty .

I’m consulting with my cat, I think she can do it.

1 Like

Why is this post flagged, LOL? I was expecting something a little more incendiary.

It feels like Ion stood behind some intern and started doubling and tripling numbers right before it was time to press save because he was afraid that his raider “bros” would complain about this being too easy.

I am not sure that Blizzard is getting the message. This is not just about a few of the challenges incidentally ending up more difficult than intended. Until Blizzard fixes the entire situation, people need to discuss the issue. The players that are saying not to nerf the Mage Tower without even trying it themselves are more likely to be trolls.

2 Likes

Because trolls are going to troll. Blizzard admitted today that MT is overturned. Hopefully they ban everyone who flagged the OP.

1 Like

oh so you have no idea what you’re talking about then. go do bear tank challenge and come back to us. but as of now your input is of no value.

1 Like

The tagline of 9.1.5 is “You’ll be sorry you asked for us to bring back the mage tower!”

6 Likes

The only reward of value is the bear form.

So, I’m assuming the bear fight was just magically and randomly made the worst one?

W.e

2 Likes

That’s exactly why they brought these Mage Tower challenges back, because they knew people will want to play them again, especially if they dangle a mount at the end. Too bad Blizz completely dropped the ball on it again, firstly by disabling all Legion gear in there, secondly by disabling all other timewalking useful gear such as old Legendaries, thirdly by stuffing up the scaling like they do every time they try to do these things.

They knew people would resub for it but pumped it out unfinished anyway even with this limited time window to get them done. It is disgusting honestly. I’m done with Blizz and WoW.

9 Likes

Just wanted to drop back in to say the free trial I made was amazing and I bought my daughter and I copies and we are now officially paying subs elsewhere. It’s amazing, especially since the people there aren’t constantly defending the developers because they don’t need to. To show my level of dedication (besides just being a subscriber since the mid 2000’s) I grinded Korthia…KORTHIA…on 6 different toons every day since it was released to get those stupid gem slots, 233 filler gear, and all 252 conduits and having spent one day elsewhere I can’t even imagine being put through that for something so useless there. I feel like I’m waking up from a bad dream…I think maybe we’re all victims of nostalgia to the point where the sunk cost fallacy has fully kicked in and it preventing us from leaving. At least if we take an expansion off maybe they’ll “pull a Legion” again or something…we can only hope right?

5 Likes

Careful, Blizzard hates that kind of language

The Blizz testing is ABSOLUTE garbage.

The only they are ever good at is frustrating the players, and harassing employees.

Like why do pro streamers with tons of gold itself need SEVERAL tries to unlock their main spec Mage Tower reward? It is so much harder than what it was in Legion.

3 Likes

There was testing. They promptly buffed it by 50% after testing.

Clowns.

Yes, I got the mage appearance. Do I feel accomplished? No. I’m P/O’d.

4 Likes

Preach! This truth is hard for most to hear.