Neltharus feels a bit much

Have I just been a bad tank, or is the second boss of Neltharus WAY overtuned?
I can live every other boss except him, he hits for like 800k a tick of damage on the fire phase and kills me and the group with our healer doing 230k hps.

That boss sucks, he bugged twice in our group. I’m pretty sure there are supposed to be like arrows that come out and the tank runs through those arrows to stun him. But the arrows don’t show up sometimes and you get the fail-wipe mechanic because he bugged.

4 Likes

Yeah we had that happen once.
Sucks to know that it isn’t fixed still.

1 Like

The 3 dps each get an arrow that spawns fire and then a chain connected to them that they can extend by moving.

The boss follows the tank, and you need to run him through all 3 chains.

Each time a chain breaks aoe damage goes out that stacks. You either need to stagger them so healer can catch up or on lower keys/coordinated groups stack all the chains so they all go off at the same time with defensive cool downs.

3 Likes

I did on +2 with 5 mins to spare. Then again i need to try it on higher to be sure

Chain boss needs to be handled quickly then rest felt easy.

1 Like

Ran a 2 of that today and yeah he bugged out first chains.

(Also who the frick decided to change the way chains work in neltharus >:( )

You mean the chains we abused to kill everything?
Devs detected fun, and removed it.

3 Likes

Yes exactly, the issue is that sometimes there are 0 chains to run through because he bugs and the group takes 900k damage per second in a 5.

5 Likes

Yes I know how to do it lmao. Problem is the damage ppl are taking

we were lamenting how the chains went from near useless to OP, then renerfed into near uselessness all over again

they were super busted before but now they feel too weak

The chains used to smash super-massive pulls still work, but not to the same extent because each chain can only be used once.

But mostly the concern is the boss with the chain mechanic, which hits hard on Tyrannical when it goes out, in addition to the pulsing AoE damage. Gotta pop a defensive or do an obscene amount of healing during that phase.

Which boss are you talking about? The chain boss? If so, pretty sure you’re not supposed to break them all at once. Do like…2 and then 1 when the debuff falls off.

1 Like

I imagine your group broke all 3 chains in quick succession.

1 Like

Yes, likely because it the mechanic wasn’t being done correctly

2 Likes

We broke one. We didn’t get to break the other two because he straight up one tapped me.
Yall are a bunch of idiots lmao.
Quit assuming that we did the mechanic incorrectly.
I went from 1.2m hp, to dead in like .2 seconds WITH IBF up.

Sounds like a bug, but people will always assume the worst of posters.
No need to fret so much over it.

The only way that happens is if you stand in a swirl.

Would help if you stated what level you’re running at.

1 Like

can confirm this happened to me at 8, we are all roughly at 500 gear and m3000 at S3 but the damage to tank are insane during the chain stage, not sure if it is bugged.

His damage does seem like

Super high compared to literally everything else