Need Recommendation for Quest Tracker

I’m currently using Carbonite’s quest tracking module, but it’s dependent on Carbonite’s map module, which I don’t like. The quest tracker has the versatility I like for placement and the HUD is good to have. What I would like is a stand-alone quest tracker (with a decent HUD) that doesn’t require dependency on something I don’t use. Any and all recommendations greatly appreciated.

The default Objective Tracker is movable via EditMode in Dragonflight.

Is there an HUD? I didn’t notice one , not critical, but would be nice to have,

I’m not sure what you mean by a HUD for the ObjectiveTracker as it’s essential;ly a HUD for the quest log? I’ve never used Carbonite.

Heads-Up Display , an arrow that can be placed on-screen showing the direction and distance to the selected quest. Doesn’t take you straight to the quest location, but combined with mini-map displays, will get you to the area of the quest. Not an essential component but very convenient if you’ve never been in a particular environment before

The default game essentially has that these days. Yellow diamond where you should be going. Doesn’t show distance numerically but it shows ya where to go.

2 Likes

Thanks; I’ll have to look into “Edit Mode” a bit more. If I can move the default quest tracker where I want it, and the HUD is easily located and viewable, I’ll be able to delete that Carbonite addon.

You might have to remove Carbonite to see (test) the default HUD as it’s probably being disabled by Carbonite to replace with it’s custom HUD.

1 Like

Yep; disabled Carbonite and used 'Edit Mode" to reposition the default quest tracker. That’s what I wanted. Don’t see the default HUD yet, but I’m in Stormwind and the quests I’m tracking are in WoD. I’ll see if it shows up when I get to Shadowmoon Valley. (Doing cooking level-up for Draenor at the moment.)

Thanks for the help, Fizzlemizz and Elvenbane. Slowly but surely this old returning player is getting refamiliarized with everything. :+1:

UPDATE: Found the default HUD. Hint for anyone else new or returning: it doesn’t appear if you don’t go into your quest log and select “Track” for the quests you want to have the HUD up for. :sweat_smile: Now I just have to find a way to reposition it; “Edit Mode” doesn’t have that option, evidently. Minor inconvenience; it DOES appear, just not where I’d prefer it to appear.

2 Likes