Need portal help

This may sound strange but I used to remember where all the portals went if I picked them. But last night I couldn’t remember how to get to I think it’s called ashenweld. Does the splash screen tell you where you’re going when you enter them? Is there a travel guide I could look up to refresh my memory?

There’s no ashenwald in the game. Are you mixing ardenweald with ashenvale?

You get to Ardenweald through Oribos, and the fastest way to Ashenvale is probably through the Mt. Hyjal portal.

Also, if you’re an engineer, there’s a wormhole for Ardenweald and the other SL zones.

there was NEVER a portal to ardenweald.

i would not say that the wormhole can get you there

Which I felt was yet another dumb feature in SL. You could get portals from the covenant sanctums to Oribos, but had to fly back from Oribos each time.

How is that different from anywhere else? Unless you are a mage or some other special characters you have your Dalaran heathstone and a local heathstone. How is Shadowlands any different?

You also could walk through a portal to get to Korthia and Zereth Mortis. And then take a portal back.

And they had rare drop one time use portals to each zone.

Having all of those and not having the main portals just be ones you walked through and came back was probably the most nonsensical and IQ dropping decision ever made for transportation in a game.

In that case, it would have made sense to have the portals in Oribos, and have to get back the hard way, not vice versa.

You don’t need to go back the hard way. For example,

Say you are questing in Revendreth or one of the other Covenant zones. You set your hearthstone near where you are questing. Then to go to Oribus, you use your Dalaran Hearthstone, run around the corner to the portal to Org or Stormwind, then take the portal to Oribus. It’s really quick.

Then use your regular Hearthstone to go back to the Covenant zone. There are already portals to Korthia and Zerith Mortis and it’s a quick jump into the Maw…

The transportation problem in SL was that you had to fly through Oribos each time in order to switch zones. You couldn’t just… fly over. I get it, and why they were separate from the story perspective, but it was so stupidly tedious to just switch zones.

Yeah, SL is the most disconnected the zones have ever felt from one another.

With Oribos being the central airport for transfers, lol.

Basically the opposite philosophy we’re used to, one big continent with all the zones.