Need help with a focus macro

Hey all,
I need some help here. I want to make a macro that sets a named mob as my focus without targeting that mob. For instance, lets say I want Named Mob #1 to be my focus, but I will be targeting and attacking Named Mob #2. So want I want to do is click a macro that will automatically make Named Mob #1 my focus without having to target that mob, and without using a mouseover.

I want this for instances where I need to watch for a cast coming from Named Mob #1, but Named Mob #2 is the priority target I need to be attacking. I have Plater, but I have a hard time finding the right nameplate sometimes when there’s a whole crowd of mobs. Is this kind of thing possible?

If it is not possible, could I use a targeting macro that would target the mob and then set it as my focus? This is an extra step I would like to avoid because I would then have to click another macro to target who I really need to be attacking, but it still would be better than trying to click the nameplate and manually setting a mob as my focus.

Thanks in advance!

Not possible. You can only do that for people in your party. You can target it, set it as your focus, and switch back to your previous target though.

/target Named Mob #1
/focus [harm]
/targetlasttarget

That said, you’re likely better off with just a general focus macro that you press as you engage a new pack.

/focus

There’s other ways to get fancy with it too

Thanks for your response! I may not be able to do exactly what I wanted, but I think I can def make one of those work! Thanks again, I appreciate it!!