NEED HELP Pt.2 - found a different laptop

Thoughts on this one? Strictly for WoW.

Key Specs:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 7 4800H (8-core/16-thread, up to 4.2 GHz, 12MB Cache)
  • Display: 15.6-inch FHD (1920 x 1080), 144Hz, Anti-glare, Value IPS-level
  • Memory: 16GB DDR4-3200 SO-DIMM (Max Capacity: 32GB)
  • Storage: 512GB PCIe® 3.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD
  • Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1660Ti, 6GB GDDR6

I got them down to $400 CAN (used).

Thoughts?

Don’t use a laptop for serious gaming unless you have to just as a general rule. Thermal management is almost always problematic and eventually impacts performance in my experience gaming on laptops. You will be able to play fine on that but not at maxed settings. For $400 that’s going to be a pretty solid system, very similar specs to my laptop and it runs the game fine around medium IIRC. Just don’t expect it to be comfortable on your lap and if possible maybe get a cooling pad for it. Be prepared to have to reduce graphic settings for stuff like raiding as well. If you know the make and model you can always look up user reviews and such, with those specs I’m sure you will find someone who has done some gaming tests on it and can give you a real idea what you can expect. That said, as long as you aren’t expecting desktop performance out of it/have somewhat tempered expectations, I doubt you’d be disappointed, especially at that price point.

Ya I know it won’t compare to a desktop. I currently play on a laptop because I need portability. I play a lot at work lol. My current laptop is from like 2014 so I need something better. Even if it’s at Med to Low settings but plays the game smoothly.

Don’t have the space for a desktop atm currently and as stated I play a lot at work.