Need help configuring new 12 button mouse

Hello,
Recently I began using an MMO mouse with 12 side buttons. It’s great, but when keybinding the 1-12 buttons on the side of the mouse function as though they are the 1-12 buttons on my keyboard. So, when I press 1 on my keyboard I cast spell X AND when i press 1 on my mouse I also cast spell X. I want to be able to cast spell X with 1 on my keyboard and cast spell Y with 1 on my mouse. Is there anyway I can use both the 1-12 buttons on my keyboard and the 1-12 buttons on my mouse separately? I used to have a mouse with just two buttons on the side and when keybinding they were just MB4 and MB5 and could be use separately from 4 and 5 on my keyboard. Thanks. Edit: I’m not at my computer right now but I just remembered seeing in the interface options an option to “detect mmo gaming mouse”, maybe that’ll work? Sorry for bad grammar i’m typing on a phone rn lol and don’t really care

2 Likes

I have a 12-button mouse.

What I do is just 1-7 on my keyboard, then I bind 1-7 on the mouse to other functions.

The easiest way to do this is through the mouse’s software (Razer Synapse in my case) and bind, for example the mouse’s 1 button to “Ctrl+1” (Or whatever else function you don’t normally use)

Then you have to set your extra action bars in WoW to match. So extra action bar 1, button 1 in the keybinds menu to “Ctrl+1”

I like to use 8-12 on the mouse to function as the keyboard’s 8-12 so I don’t have to reach for them.

1 Like

I use Vudho addon, it’s a healer addon but you can bind your mouse buttons to do one thing normally and then another when you mouse over the name bars. It can help me reduce clutter on my bars. Like I can use 1 for my attack and also 1 for a heal when I’m hovering over the bar. Sorry if that doesn’t help but it is just something easy to set up. Hope you enjoy your new mouse!

I’m sure this is a solution to my problem. I will try it when I am at my computer, thanks.

Have you tried x-mouse?

Personally, I have the same mouse and what I do is three rows of binds. 1-12, 1-12+ctrl and 1-12+shift.

Try that. It’ll get you so many binds:)

I just made my mouse binds something i’ll never use on my keyboard in game.

“1,2,3” on my mouse are “=,0, -” for example.

i use bartender2

it’s a whole lot easier than trying to do anything with the ingame keybind UI