Need help choosing a class

Hey all! Ive played off and on since vanilla - and have returned for SL, but I am having trouble choosing a class. Normally, I like to solo old raid content, unrated battlegrounds, and wpvp.

So my question is: which classes would be good for that?

At the moment, I am leaning towards either a Demon Hunter or Death Knight due to the aesthetics of the class. Would either of these be a viable option and/or what other classes would you suggest?

Both are solid choices, though for casual players i’d recommend DH for its relatively simply rotation. DH also have better maneuverability and is therefore easier to disengage in combat, which is particularly helpful while leveling and also in battlegrounds.

My main is a DK and my private shame is i’ve always had issues with controlling my pets in dungeons until recently. I now end fights facing away from nearby mobs so i don’t accidentally pull anything, and I’ve added better pet control macros. Yet you still have to be real aware when there are nearby mobs. Its the one reason why i don’t recommend pet classes for casual players.

I’m not an authority on DPS for various classes in SL though what i have heard sounds good for both classes. With balancing no one can really say what the future will bring.

Druids have some real cool mechanic advantages and i kinda wish i’d spent more time playing one. Their main selling point for me is not having to wait to switch to travel form so they leave most classes in the dirt during sprints. They are also badasses.

Since the patch my mage seems more competitive and their portals make them masters of traveling around Azeroth. Its why i do most of my achievements with my mage. Unless a class is super low in DPS I, like everyone else, recommend playing the class that you find the most fun.

The other tidbit i’d give to new and returning players is to take Engineering. No other profession can touch it for really useful and helpful items. I really wish someone would have pointed that out to me.

1 Like

Thank you so much for the thorough and helpful response!!! You definitely gave me alot to consider - I will prob go DH since I like maneuverability in a class too!

You may want to check out the DH Class forum first. More unhappy people there than normally.

1 Like

OP is looking for a class to solo old content and that’s the only thing I would play DH for nowadays.
I understand why DH players are unhappy.

I love the idea of a simple and straight forward spec but not this… demon hunters feel gutted and uninspired I would be sad to main DH for the whole xpac.

Man, some of these forum pages are getting quiet. Once SL drops, hopefully it picks up.

As long as you have healing, you can solo lots of old stuff. I lean more towards classes with at least two roles. I have enjoy the feel of my Monk during BFA, I have being doing Open World stuff at DPS (WW), battlegrounds and dungeons at Heals (MW). I wanna tank, but there is such a microscope on you I feel, so I skip that role in general.
For clearing old content, Hunters and Locks are a good choice, perhaps make a friend for more difficult Legacy content.