Need ExitLag help

Anyone here use Exitlag? I decided to try it out because I normally get around 85ms. When I tried the automatic connection, it connected me to a server in Chicago and giving me around 65ms now. However, I am on the west coast, why is it connecting me to a server in Chicago?

Then I tried the manual connection option to a Los Angeles server which is the closest to me and it said it’s giving me 23ms but I am in game and have 80ms still what’s going on? When I do the manual connection in my Exitlag client it says “ExitLag server” Los Angeles and “game server” Chicago" is there a way to connect both servers to Los Angeles? Maybe that’s the issue.

Any help to get MS even lower would be much appreciated.

Itsnt that just a VPN? You do not want to use a VPN for gaming for any reason, and even more so in WoW as it can cause issues with your account.

Also 85ms latency is great. You should have no problems with that.

2 Likes

All exitlag does in the case of something like WoW is reduce the “extra” steps your connection takes to get to the WoW servers. It doesn’t magically make your internet faster than it is.

I used Exitlag for the free trial to play Lost Ark when the Japan servers came out (prior to NA release), tried it out on WoW and FFXIV as well and didn’t really see any benefit

1 Like

This smells like cryptobro marketing tactics. Remember NFTs? Their lack of a white paper and what little details they provide on their website just seems pretty sketch to me. They make nonsensical claims that figuring out packet routing ahead of time will reduce latency, but it completely overlooks the fact in the best case, and misleads in the worst case that distance is more of a factor in latency than routing ever is. Stop paying for that immediately. The best way to reduce your latency in WoW is to choose a battlegroup geographically close to you. I’m on the eastern part of NA, so Ysera-Durotan is a perfect fit. I have a 10ms ping on average with a fiber connection.

No… the game connected you to Area 52. Which is on the Chicago data center.

An addon or whatever you’re talking about can’t connect you somewhere else.

There are only two data centers for U.S. now: Chicago and California. And the servers are hosted in one of those two centers.

1 Like

I don’t think the OP means realm, Send - they’re referring to a server hosting the ExitLag software. This stuff looks like a VPN, but isn’t technically one. I’d put money that the benefit the devs for this software claim cannot be scientifically or empirically proven.

True. Chicago is better.

All NA Blizzard serves are located in either LA or Chicago. ExitLag isn’t going to help you.