Need advice gearing new 120

As late in the expansion as it is, I decided to switch to a new main, or rather back to an old one from previous expansions. (the one I’m posting with)

I boosted the character to 120, and know that first thing I need to work on the necklace/cloak quest, but beyond that I really don’t know the best method to catch up on gear. I know a lot of “catch-up” things have been added as of late, so just looking for advice from others on how to best tackle this, as it feels like a huge task.

Thanks, everyone.

I boosted my priest about 5 days ago. She’s ilvl 428, have not finished the cloak quest on her yet. Since the boosted gear is better than Benthic gear, I only opened up Naz’jatar to get the bump for the neck. I did all daily quests that gave upgrades, those started at about 415. The active ones today were a nice double dip with an invasion in Stormsong. Both of those awarded 430 gear for her. I did a few heroics to get a weapon, and did the 5 timewalking for the Nya’lotha piece. I’m not raiding currently, so I didn’t push getting the cloak, although it should be pretty easy since I can do it with one of my husbands characters.

After you hit 410, queue for LFR Ny’alotha it drops 430 gear. The 470 cloak helps get you to 410 quickly. You get 410 gear and a 445 wrist on the cloak quest, and I think another 430 piece for the first visions quest. Visions reward higher level gear as you progress. Make sure you watch a you tube horrific vision run before attempting it.

I think I am in this position. But I don’t even know where to start with by what you all are talking about. I’m a long time player but have been away from the game for a long time. I feel like a total noob again. LoL

The OP boosted his 120 as an additional max level character, so he has a bit of an advantage over you if this is your first 120. The first thing you’ll need to do is quest a little more in Tirigarde so you hit friendly with Proudmoore. You’ll also need to have your 3 strongholds in Zan’dalar opened. Then you should have access to World Quests. Gear from WQ’s will get increasingly higher. Once your gear is at about 340-360, you can do the quest to open up Naz’jatar, which will give you 385 gear. Stuff hits pretty hard if you’re low geared there, so beware. If you’re sitting on a good pile of gold you can also purchase ilvl 400 gear on the AH. The crafted PvP set shouldn’t be too expensive. I think normal dungeons will drop 400 gear now as well.

When your item level goes up, all the world quest gear rewards on the map instantly go up. So after you do the three footholds, unlock world quests, and have three days worth to do. First get your 370 weapon from nazjatar story (send the fleet quest), which you need anyways to unlock essences.

Many of the 400 weapons and trinkets were cheap on the ah. I would buy a few pieces before world quests, so the world quest gear rewards will be higher level. Some dungeons might be smart before doing WQ, but don’t let any gear world quests expire.

As soon as possible, get the quest “send the fleet” and go to Nazjatar. Do the story quests until magni shows up in Nazjatar and gives you a quest to go to chamber of heart. Do all the magni/mother quests until you unlock neck essences. Then you will be able to get the cloak quest. Also, there are you tube videos on what to do.

World quests are the way to go if your not going to raid/dungeon roll. Look for the “elite” quests (purple) and make sure to get your 2 tokens a week, and cross your fingers that you don’t get AP, but actually get a piece of equipment. It may take you some time, but LFR’s can help you also. Hope this helps

I just immediately started into M+ on my blood DK I leveled, after the cloak and the neck quests. Look to complete all the Mythic 0 dungeons every week though for the sweet 430 loot! (I think that’s what they are at)