Need a promotion to get players back

Just an opinion but send an email to anyone that hasn’t subbed for a year and give them free access to dragonflight and 2 month free sub with a link get a friend in and get some more people back into the game.

It is sunday night and everyone around me its clearly not doing lfr or casual stuff alot of the people left are in raid gear, my realm had over 200 active guilds raiding mid last xpac and this tier its just over 100, there are less people and nothing is being done to try to get people back into the game.

It’s actually sad going into an area and no one else is around when your playing online.

2 Likes

They’ll return for those 2 free months, get their gameplay in, then leave lol.

9 Likes

What they need to do is open LFR fully on patch day one, fix Zaralack rares and elites, and also give us catalyst on patch day 1

12 Likes

Diablo is out many are diching wow to play it.

9 Likes

Free long boi w/a six month sub.

… that quarterly report will be :ok_hand:t2:

13 Likes

it might have something to do with it being between 2am-5am depending on where people are in america. Im pretty sure the game is most popular in US, but I could be wrong. I know some Aussies play. UK people have their own server but still possible to see some in US realms.

1 Like

play relevant content and you will have infinite amount of people

1 Like

hahahahahahahaha. Thank you for the laughs baby. None of it is relevant. Ppl should do want they want in their down time playing a video game that doesn’t matter.

5 Likes

I’ve never bought a 6 month sub but this would make me do it

1 Like

They’ve had 3 promotions since the start of DF. Everybody who was going to come back has come back. I didn’t even try the current 1 month access to DF promotion.

My guess is the constant “BUY NOW!” popup didn’t help sales.

I think as far as research goes, it’s too little too late. They would need to understand who the players are who didn’t buy, how they like to play, and why they like to play that way. It would take a major redesign to attract the casual solo players who saw what was coming and realized there wasn’t going to be any fun stuff for them.

Any casual who was celebrating when they said they were going to put world quests to a daily reset and then shortly was told they changed their mind, because the Chosen Ones™ were upset that casuals were getting content has probably left and won’t be back.

Blizzard did a really good job of keeping competitive 3 pillar players happy.

There are fewer people everywhere at all times than there were 6 months or a year ago. Except maybe in “relevant content”, but if you have decided already that you don’t want people who do old content to buy dragonflight, why even have an offer?

A lot of casuals farmed the gold to buy that. That wouldn’t be an incentive to them. Do you think competitive players who were spending all their time pushing high keys were spending 8 hours a day in Skyreach, Iron Docks, or Highmaul to earn that gold?

5 Likes

That ain’t gonna do it to keep people playing that came back for the free time.

1 Like

I do not even like my idea but it would bring a lot of ppl back for that (even if it’s just the 6 month and many leave again) and a lot of $ for the company. Praise the almighty dollar lol.

Blizz seems to be more about #s and chedda vs an awesome game these days, years (?). This would do that.

While the expansion is really, really good, talking to some of my friends who quit they’ve said the reasons they aren’t playing is mainly cause they’ve either been burned too many times with bad expansions and lost interest or just that a dragon-centric expansion doesn’t really interest them.

Maybe if the next expansion is a big world revamp like Cata like some are speculating it will bring back a bunch of old and new players.

This xpac?!?! I think it’s worse than wod.

9 Likes

I disagree, I’m having a ton of fun. But I mainly just do WPVP and RBG’s with my guild so I can’t speak on raiding or keys.

I think they are sending emails.

I take regular breaks from WoW when I’m bored of it. If I go long enough I usually get something about the new patch or expansion.

Not free time though.
WoW design wise are smashing it. Good upgrade/accessibility IMO

I would say the expansion is “really, really good” for a certain major player demographic, ie people who play like you. The assumption was that people who left over upcoming lack of soloable world content and other casual content would come back and start playing as you do. I don’t think that assumption was valid.

Anyway, I had an account permabanned the other day for having botting software on my computer, which I had never done. The email said that they would not reverse the ban under any circumstances, even if I appealed. I canceled my remaining 4 accounts and will never play a Blizzard game again.

4 Likes

They already did a promotion or two lol, if that didn’t get them back then nothing will.
Just join a full pop server if you don’t have busy Zaralek Cavern or w.e it is… I heard the full pop servers still have people there…

WoW is past its prime though so gotta temper your expectations of playerbase numbers.

1 Like

I’m ± on the support.

Either it’s really good or they are firm on something I know is wrong.

This is my second account for similar reasons to you, haven’t run into any issues yet but I am jaded a bit in terms of the effort I had put in the past.

I have no intention of starting a new account and attempting to put back together all the work I have lost, especially given the fact that they could just do it again.