Necrolord or Venthyr?

Too bad the night fae leather set looks like poop on a rogue, oh…and crit sucks for pvp.

1 Like

I use at least one Shadowstrike at the beginning of SD to apply FW, after that Slaughter/Eviscerate spam.

And currently SD activates the crit legendary. Shadowstrike, Slaughter and Eviscerate all crit while SD is active.

If Sub stays that way and won’t get nerfed too hard I could really think of switching from Assa to Sub in SL.

1 Like

Is this true? Last time I checked it did not affect shadowdance

You may be right. :frowning:
I just tested it again. During the last 3 dances nearly every Slaughter, ST and Evis was a crit but this seemed to be just pure luck. The legendary buff does not get displayed and the crit% in the char screen stays the same during SD. A bummer.

It would make sub too good if it did.
It was still really strong in legion however. I expect it to still be strong in sl

I’m just waiting for the covenant tuning. It will be interesting to see how competitive they can make Sepsis / Slaughter / Bonespike. Currently though my big fear is that Slaughter is just too bonkers to make work with anything.

The healing steal is only 15% compared to wounds 24% in pvp, and it seems clunky to work in with Sub. I can’t imagine it being competitive simply based on the wound effect disparity with Wound (at least for PvP - supposedly where it was meant to shine).

If Bone spike get’s a decent nerf Sepsis may be good for both Sin and Sub, but that still leaves Outlaw with Bone Spike being the best option (likely still better than Slaughter even if BS got a 30-50% damage nerf)…and Sepsis not really benefiting Outlaw much at all.

The covenant balance (or lack thereof) is really the one big thing (aside from pvp gearing being whack) preventing me from actually being excited about playing right now. I hope this gets attention soon.

1 Like

In the Shadowlands PvP category people are saying crits deal 200% dmg again instead of 150%. If that doesn’t get reverted crit will actually have value again.

2 Likes

From my understanding Slaughter STEALS 15% of the heal, Healing yourself. Where as Would Poison only reduces the healing received on the target. So it still has its place in PVP.

It’s still not worth the loss of wound

1 Like

I don’t normally come to rogue forums (one of many alts), but came here just to find whats best for next expansion, but this is exactly what I’m suspecting.

I think Blizzard will definitely nerf/re-balance covenants after SL goes live.
Just like they nerfed for example, echoing void.
If this happens after everyone has chosen their covenant, so many people are going to be pissed.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. It’s not worth letting an extra 9% healing get through to the target just to be healed for 15%. I mean ideally you’re going to be doing everything you can do stop all heals going out anyways. I can’t imagine a situation where the 15% stolen was actually useful other than BG’s. In Arena I would never want 15% stolen over 24% reduced.

Wound poison was buffed recently for PVE which makes Venthyr even worse.

h ttps://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/51665-healing-reduction-effects-doubled-in-shadowlands-beta/

So Venthyr has to sim better overall damage than Necro and Bone Spike to be worth it.

I’m still leaning towards venthyr I think the soulsbind will help keep it on par ideally for all 3 specs. Least I hope.i really like the ranged and move you get from necrolord, but the leather set and what not just kind make it seem debatable. Which I know is probably dumb, but if I’m going be stuck in one covenant for awhile I’d like to least enjoy being there lol.

3 Likes

The only way venthyr is better is of bone spike gets severely gutted.

Bonespike is just too good for all three specs.

Slaughter is looking to be terrible for outlaw from my understanding.

But the set looks so bad lol. Who thought being an ugly monster was going be a good look!

I’m not picking a covenant for transmog. I want the most optimal one.

1 Like

I am really hoping it’s necrolords just because I love the aesthetic of the covenant. Plus that shield? Sounding great for keys

Bonespike is looking good for all aspects

Venthyr will likely become BiS when the associated conduit hits max level (assuming all things remain the same which they won’t).

1 Like

aAlways look to the past for example of what is to come, and that’s not looking so hot for SL

1 Like