Necro spriest question

just wondering if void form affects unholy transfusion / rattling mage damage and also shadowfiend? for my big burst i’ve been popping shadow fiend then unholy transfusion followed by power infusion and void form after. was wondering if i should pop void prior to this but i feel like i’ll miss out on void bolt globals if i need 3 to get out all my pets.

i pvp only but thinking the burst would be same as pve

PvE is

…fiend, erupt, bolt + pi, nova,

1 Like

Not sure what your rank is, but this guy is way higher than me so I followed his rotation and it seemed to work pretty well for arena last week:

1 Like

I believe that Void Form does affect the damage.

Proper opening rotation is Dots > Void Torrent > DP > Shadow Fiend > Void Form > Void Bolt > PI > Unholy Transfusion.

1 Like

If u ever wanna try and gimmick someone u can always go for a dots transfusion summon pet whole transfusion mid air. Megalo erupt torrent uwu big dam.

1 Like

ok cool looks like i was doing it out of order

One other thing to note is, and I’m sure as a hunter you know this…

Pets are slow, and they are stupid. Sometimes if you gain a large number of buffs immediately after a pet is spawned, it takes them a moment to get the stats from those buffs, in that time your bonemage can have done their initial (non PI boosted) bolt cast, THEN started another one before they actually get their haste.

It’s important to always have any potent stat increases active BEFORE the mage spawns, to avoid the change in stats happening during the mage’s uptime.

You mention fiend there bro, looking at subcreation its got bender instead of void torrent (for necro using necro leggo) and your wowhead guild says either. Could you go a bit more in depth into that, ie is there one thats better generically in keys or under certain circumstances. Right now im running bender so im wondering if im going wrong.

While im on it, i only have 10% mastery, how important is mastery, i know its equal to haste but is it massively gimping me

Bender is keys, or with sfp if you’re not necro. Torrent is raids but bender is an acceptable alternative if you can’t comfortably land torrents on cd due to to unfamiliarity with the encounter.

Mastery is strong for burst aoe in keys because it’s effectively flat damage in voidform, it’s your second best stat next to haste but ultimately you’ve just gotta run what your gear allows.

Your haste and mastery are both low for your ilvl, though you’ll feel that more viscerally with haste, especially outside of cooldowns.

If I were to say any ‘basic’ rule of thumb for gearing (There are none it’s better to SIM and interpret results) you want 2/3 of your jewellery pieces to be haste mastery at least. Your gear is on the whole very poorly optimised for shadow though, besides trinkets, though I’m not going to endorse dropping ilvl to fix that.

thanks bro. appreicate it. My gear is mostly healing gear with some odds thrown in. In 9.2 i will be raid healing and using shadow in keys with the people im joining, so been working hard last week or 2. Far from being upset im enthused by your comment im poorly optimised. dps currently is competitive in the keys im doing so it spurs me on.

You probably saw from the video but you want Unholy Nova and Shadow Fiend up first.

Ensure Unholy Nova doesn’t miss which it will of they’re far from you and moving. Ideally only hit the 1 target so the dmg isn’t spread on it. PI into Void eruption afterwards that way your damage is already going if CCd or kicked.

I’ve never actually seen anyone use that healing legendary yet. Would that be any good for sp/ destro 2’s? That’s all I play. No 3s or any other comps, just sp/destro 2’s.
Any recommendations as to what other legendary I should use in 9.2?

You’d probably play pallid twins in pvp honestly. Or pallid sephuz.

I do. But in 9.2 I plan on doing the grind so I can equip 2 legendaries. I’m still debating which to use for the 2nd. Right now I’m really leaning towards the one where we both get PI

Ye, Pallid + Twins

or Pallid + Sephuz

That’s 2.

1 Like

Just realized I misunderstood your first response where you answered the question already. I get the names of the memories mixed up. Thanks.

Palid and Measured Contemplations will be the play once 2 legendaries can be equipped.

Twins is good with certain comps so I’d craft it too but Measured Contemplation is your safe bet.

I never ran Sephuz myself since Measured Contemplation is so much stronger and Sephuz falls even further behind as 80 stats means even less next season

spriest has alot of leggos tbh. Before 9.1.5 with pallid i rotated twins, sephuz. Measured contemp. And once in a blue moon leaper leggo. Safe 2 would be Sephuz pallid if u want something that works EVERY comp. But u def want twins/measured. If u rbg i would also recommend cauterizing shadows as if u get the hang of it u become a 4th healer.

1 Like

For 2s the Measured Contemplation works well but only worth it if your Venthyr.

I’ve played both necro with pallid and venthyr with Measured Contemplation over 2400 in 2s as double dps and imo they’re around even in strength you can’t go wrong.

Awesome, thank you

Edit: wait I’m necro though…so don’t use measured as necro?