Nearly Impossible to Find Groups Outside of Northrend

Interesting ‘Nocht’ comment you got there, boss. Feel free to cope and seethe (which is what Nocht would do, too).

1 Like

The reason for this isnt the lack of rdf or the lack of Joyus Journeys. Its because the paid instant 70 boost NUKED lower level population. Everyone bought a 70 and made secondary accounts and bought another 70. The 70 boost is the cause and its too late, the dmg has been done.

Use /who and whisper people, levelers typically aren’t staring at LFG chat. This has successfully gotten me groups in all brackets.

I’m calling your bluff regarding Outland though. I play on whitemane, there is people who use the LFG tool on Outland. Worst case I get 2 people from the tool, and 1-2 from whispering. It’s not hard.

1 Like

1-60 really needs LFD but Blizzard is still pushing for boost sales. I’m glad all my characters are already up. The deserted old world must be dreadfully boring to level through now days.

So, with RDF, I can list myself and let it be. You literally just said “List yourself, pop it up from time to time and invite people,” which means it takes MORE effort to use the current tool than RDF.

Yea, that definitely sounds like a ton more work. How can people even stand to play this game?

It IS more work - not to mention the looking through chat for lower-level dungeons, constantly having to repost our message because of guild recruitment/boosting runs/etc. clogging it up.

I ask again, how can people even stand to play this game? Borderline unplayable!

Well, considering people are quitting left, right, and center, I don’t think a lot of people can.

Game’s dead, we should probably uninstall. I’ll put it on the todo list.

1 Like

You’re incapable of having a conversation, aren’t you?

You’re playing on a high population, single-faction PVP server that’s been around since WoW Classic. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are more people leveling on new servers.

Oh, why didn’t you just group with them?

This is an interesting take! It’s not something that I find intuitively relatable, since I have no issues with using the LFG tool, but perhaps you could expand on how the tool detracts from the gameplay experience as a whole?

2 Likes

With someone who is unwilling to put forth even minimal effort to engage with the game and its mechanics? Yea, pretty much.

*Edited for grammar correctness… in shame! :heart:

“Its”

Also, who says I don’t put any effort into playing the game?

Man on classic wrath server is upset that people are doing the latest content.

Oh, you got me there. I will edit my post in shame. Shaaaaame!!

You did when you posted this…

Insinuating that using the LFG, which takes a trivial amount of effort, is unreasonable and we should just have RDF so we can turn a trivial amount of effort into a non-existent amount of effort.

No, I never said additional work is unreasonable. That’s you putting words in my mouth.

I replied to your comment:

Stating that no, it doesn’t take the same time or effort to do this, because RDF is a click-and-forget, while LFG is not, and you admitted to that fact when you said:

Again, putting words in my mouth. I believe we should have RDF, absolutely, but not because it makes the game any easier. We should have it because it was in the expansion originally, and the idea has been to give players a “repeat experience” since Classic launched, albeit with some changes (bug fixes)

2 Likes

LFG can be a click and forget tool, where you just wait for someone to eventually invite you. Sometimes, I will take that approach. Other times, I will hustle harder to form the group (grab who is available in LFG and fill out the remaining spots by whisper and/or posting my macro in LFG chat.

Either way, it’s not that much effort for me to get levelling dungeon groups going.

Sure it can. Although, you’re much less likely to ever find a group, especially if you happen to play some of the more unwanted class/specialization combinations for dungeons/heroics. I.e. Warrior of any DPS spec.

The problem is that that is YOUR experience - many players don’t have that same experience.

We’re talking about pre-Northrend dungeons and players don’t care what class/spec you’re running. They’re just happy to run the dungeon with whoever.

OP was posting about Whitemane Horde and I also play there and ran several TBC and Vanilla dungeons recently. Interestingly, I just dump my toons in LFG and forgot about it (ret pally and arms warrior… though for the latter, I eventually offered to tank to get the party going).