Nearly every Horde Warchief has a role in Shadowlands

So something that recently hit me is that nearly every Horde Warchief has some kind of role in Shadowlands.

Thrall and Sylvanas are apart of the main story campaign, Vol’jin was featured in the Night Fae campaign, Ner’zhul was an outright boss in the Sanctum of Domination, and Garrosh was involved in the raid as well. The only two missing were Blackhand and Doomhammer, which I feel is rather surprising and yet fixable. Like one of the random Venthyr that are killed for the Avowed rep, could have easily been a redeemed Blackhand making a for a neat surprise and an example of how some are not so easily changed.

As for Doomhammer, I feel that Maldraxxus would of have been a great fit or even Bastion considering how he viewed his leadership as a duty to his people. Like he could have been apart of one the main stories or even a side story. For example Doomhammer could have been a soul that refused to let go of his past in Bastion, with the side quest foreshadowing the Kyrian new philosophy of allowing the ascendants to chose on keeping or discarding their memories or something. Or a member of the Undying Army we fight with against the enemy houses and someone who became the player’s soulbind or something.

So do you think Blackhand and Doomhammer should have been included and in what way?

3 Likes

Vol’jin’s entire quest chain can be skipped, which is flabberghasting to me for multiple reasons.

But yeah I’d have loved to have seen Doomhammer.

12 Likes

That’s because every Horde Warchief is dead.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/Py58xkU.jpg

1 Like

Oh yeah, that guy.

I don’t think Ner’zhul was ever Warchief.

On topic, Doomhammer would have been a nice encounter for Thrall to have.

3 Likes

I am happy to think Doomhammer and Blackhand are off in some Orky afterlife being Orky. Not everyone has to be caught in the machine of death.

3 Likes

Yes he was warchief as per Warcraft 2.

1 Like

I always thought that was Doomhammer in WC2…

Tides of Darkness was Doomhammer, Beyond the Dark portal was Ner’zhul.

29:00-29:15

2 Likes

Ah the nostalgia of those mission briefings.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t have minded Doomhammer considering he was a complete nothing in WoD. Blackhand, take it or leave it.

2 Likes

What I wouldnt give for just a little cameo of Lothar and Doomhammer eternally duking it out in Maldraxxus or something.

4 Likes

He was Warchief of the remnants of the Horde that included Teron Gorefiend escaped back into Outlands and tried to open portals to invade other worlds in the expansion to WC2 Beyond the Dark Portal. It was after Doomhammer was defeated in The Second War.

Yeah, I’m reminded I never finished Beyond the Dark Portal back in the day, that’s why I was confused.

Haha this, Warchiefs are a joke

Doomhammer would’ve been great to see, especially if he got to interact with Draka. What House do you think he’d be in? I’d say the Chosen.