NCsoft to give away official license to a fan made sever City of Heroes , named homecoming

NCsoft has given a fan based server named Homecoming the official gaming license to carry on with the server. The fan based server was created back in 2019. However city of heroes launched on April 27th 2004 just before WoW launched, the game went under the radar and only a few seen it as a great game. Most gamers were in eq 2, world of warcraft and Oblivion on console. The game was the first to take the idea of creating who are are and as far as creating our spells too with color design, The idea of this game is team work , but also learning how to manage these spells and abilities. This game doesn’t tell you what to do or ask, it is up to you completely. I’m happy it is back and also it is completely free with no pay to win.
If you guys are looking for something new or even old to try, it’s been very fun going back after all of these years. I hope it does well.
I play WoW of course but I love to just go over there and have fun when WoW gets a bit boring or if they are working on their servers on tuesdays.
It’s worth a shot, they also have pvp. The game really shines with team efforts like I said above.
Game On All!
This is a big deal in the gaming community, IMO.

2 Likes

CoH was my first MMORPG. What made me quit was the XP penalty when you died. It reached the point that I had more penalty XP than XP I needed to reach the next level. Thus I quit.

2 Likes

Whenever I played this with my friend we made sure we did our best not to die and if we did then we would just start over lol.

But I made sure to run/fly away if I knew death was coming.

1 Like

Hhaha sounds like you never played OG EQ. What a nightmare that was.

I did and that wasn’t my point at all… but I know what you are saying here. You think it will be bad? Well only time will tell still a great game though to play regardless. I mean COH/COV.

I don’t know who you’re replying to, but I was responding to Necrophobia.

So I am confused. Are we now allowed to play City of Heroes? Homecoming is legit now?

1 Like

Yes. Homecoming is legit since they have an official license. Meaning ncsoft wont shut them down ever.