Nazjatar quest reward weapons

Honestly, I wish they gave AP instead :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The difference here is the emissary requires your over all ilvl to be close to 395 for it to scale that high, a fresh 120 isn’t getting a 395 from emissary day 1

3 Likes

I am guessing they noticed all the people complaining how easy it is to get higher level gear w/o raiding.

3 Likes

My math was wrong. I just threw out a quick number based on a 60+ ilvl difference. I guess it would be more like 86% (370 vs 430). As for the rest, for me at least, it’s about what existed on PTR, and thus what I expected to see when it went live. I’ve been grinding emissary quests every time there was a gear reward, plus the Darkshore assault or whatever plus world bosses, just to finally reach 400 ilvl. Then this new stuff comes out, and the rewards are about what I would get as a new 120 with crafted gear? Meh, no thanks.

4 Likes

It’s the inevitable problem of needing to rein in the gear giveaway. It’s not sustainable to hand people raid quality gear for afk-able content long term. There is no motivation to progress.

7 Likes

Also the world quests are giving the same 360-370 stuff they’ve had for months (instead of upgraded by about 15 levels like they were on PTR). Cool, a quest reward from the brand new zone that’s the same as I could get from one basic useless world quest. Makes the new content feel basic and useless too.

Also, I’d have been ok with a 400 reward instead of 415. I thought that seemed high when I was on PTR. At least it could fill a gap or something for people as they get into newer (and more difficult?) content.

4 Likes

For crying out loud, you are talking about the introduction quest reward. You act like every reward in 8.2 is ilvl 370…

8 Likes

Any blue response to this.

I will just wait to log in so if they patch it I don’t have to try to file a ticket.

A 415 weapon was my initial excitement about logging in fast, but now, nope, ON my way to the unsub tomorrow if no definitive answer, I"ll resub and just play classic.

Final straw bliz, final chance.

7 Likes

370 is Heroic Uldir.

Soon, that will be two tiers out of date.

It should be at least 400.

15 Likes

Agreed 100%.

2 Likes

Dag nabbit. Interested to watch what happens with this.

I don’t think the level scales… it is just straight 370. Your ilvl is only 5 pts higher than mine and I rather down that small amount would increase ilvl of the weapon by 55 points. I got a 370 for the quest.

Need photos of this bingo card…

“Got your sub, sucker!” - Blizzard

16 Likes

I went over to CS and asked for a blue confirmation since maybe I"ll get one there instead of here as fast.

Maybe if everyone were to post a similar question they would answer at least one of them over there, and hopefully fix a bug.

I could really use a 415 weapon on several toons. And RNGebus has not been kind to even my raiding account toons.

Guys, it’s ok that a 5 minute, introductory quest reward doesn’t hand you a mythic raid weapon.

24 Likes

I would gladly provide one if I actually have one :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll have to actually make one for 8.3.

I mean the Benthic Gear sorry for not being clear.

1 Like

Ah gotcha.

Heroic

Uldir