Nauseating Mounts/Animation Changes

There are a certain subset of mounts that have…really bad and frankly nauseating animations. Basically any mount with a short stride that results in them repeating their step animation super fast causes me to instantly hate it and never use it. Not only does it cause a negative physical reaction, but they just look silly and a product of a 2004 design. A mount needs at least a relative smooth animation IMO. If it is jerking around all over the place, I just cannot use it.

Enlarge all the BfA frog mounts such as:

or SL frogs such as:

to be in-line with the new frog mounts such as:

Because the new frog mounts are about 30% larger, their run animation is slower and smoother than their smaller counter parts from older patches.

Change the running animations of all chicken based mounts to not be so…jerky? I get that they’re chickens and all but ugh, they make using them nauseating. Mounts such as all the Hawstriders:

TBH i’m not sure what you can do with these mounts to resolve this problem as well…they are chicken mounts. But hopefully something?

The MoP lizard mounts such as:

These mounts suffer from the Kodo animation issue where they run around on stubby little legs and as a result, their animations are furiously fast. Maybe slow their gait like you did with the Mammoth mount animation change a few patches ago?

As a side note, the Jaina mount seating position is STILL wrong after all this time. The progenitor of the Jaina mount:

is actually the Shaman class mount from Legion:

This mount has the character model standing on top of it. It is the exact same character position the SL M+ mounts inherited. Yet for some unknown reason, the exception to this rule is the Jaina mount that uses the exact same rigging and animations but the character position is seated. This results in your character model losing their legs into the elemental and holding no reigns. It just looks plain stupid. Please update this mount to be in-line with all its other counterparts.

1 Like

The only mount I remember having an issue with is the robots that do barrel rolls.

1 Like

I agree with all of these as triggers for nausea and vomiting with me, (motion sickness).

I just never use them.

I also never use Raptors, or any worm-like mounts.

Horses, Sabers and discs are the best. :dizzy:

The freaking vulpera mount is awful

TBH I don’t see what’s wrong with hawkstriders, other than stepping faster than other mounts.
Tallstriders used to have a slow bouncy run with their heads upright like mechanostriders. Then at some point years ago they got changed to be the same as hawkstriders. I really liked how happy it looked.
You can see the Run animation in wowhead’s classic modelviewer. On my end, the animation timing is really inaccurate but you can at least see the motion:

Other changes that bother me:

Outland talbuks used to look graceful, now they have the druid stag form’s animations and it’s a much different personality.
TBH I barely used the “bodybuilder” talbuks from WoD or Legion because I don’t like that model so I don’t know which animations they started with (they’re all the same now whatever it was).

Armorless rams and all hippogrpyhs used to keep the passenger upright, but now they wobble wildly. Front to back for rams, side to side for hippogryphs.

But Dragonhawks are the worst now. They used to only undulate up and down when flying, but now they have their entire body traveling in a spiral (compare to cloud serpents who keep their head somewhat stablized). The result looks like you’re ALWAYS drunk-turning. I am usually not prone to motion-sickness but I flat out stopped using them anymore.