Nathanos pre patch cinematic (spoilers)

Not exactly, its pretty split on Nathanos I say, there people who think blizzard did him dirty and I agree. He would have made an excellent replacement for Sylvanas as leader of the forsaken, with Voss a his second in command.

3 Likes

We still won’t get a justice story by freeing a few night elf souls while being forced to kill other night elf souls

Justice against both Sylvanas and the Horde were denied.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/i-hope-sylvanas-kills-tyrande/206701

Once she is taken out of the story Horde can expand among out all of Kalimdor and dominate the entire continent in the name of the Horde. The Alliance will be forced to watch and just suck it up. Bye bye alliance and night elves. You never tried and I hate all of you. :smiley:

I dont even know what the “you never tried” means. We tried really hard to get a resolution / justice out of blizzard, but the ignore was too strong.

1 Like

Honestly? I’m glad, than you and the other NEFPAs can find something else to wail about for a change. We’re tired of hearing about Teldrassil everyday. The NEs arent the only ones who suffered at the hands of the horde.

You are talking about players. I was talking about in game. The claim was that it made Tyrande a war criminal. But from a lore point of view, everyone in positions of power that would respond to war crimes agrees with her killing him. So, not really an issue for Tyrande.

And that doesn’t even touch on the war crimes he would be responsible for. Again, suggesting that Tyrande is a war criminal for executing him is a huge stretch.

I personally disagree with the notion he was done wrong. But, that is a completely separate discussion to the idea that there will be any backlash to Tyrande for killing him like she did.

Disagree. He was little more than a Sylvanas lackey. For him to have made a good leader would have required a dramatically different path for his character. He would have had to break with her a LONG time ago and shown there is a line he would not cross. As it is now, making him the leader after her would be no different than Sylvanas.

Don’t get me wrong. There was a point in the story Blizzard could have taken him down a path that would have lead to him being a good leader option. But that fork in his story path is way, way behind us.

6 Likes

Devs make a cinematic that shows Tyrande killing Nathanos after specifically asking where is Sylvanas, letting clear that she is not done with just Nathanos.

After said cinematic, you have to deliver a quest and the npcs will talk about how killing nathanos probably wasnt enough for Tyrande and that she won’t stop until she gets Sylvanas.

Tyrande is clear time and time again, that she will not stop until the Banshee is dead.

There is a whole questline about finding a way to spread the night warrior powers so it won’t kill Tyrande but still be a weapon at our side.

Sylvanas was made an enemy to both horde and alliance.

Tyrande and the player characters manage to save most souls that died at teldrassil, with few of them being destroyed.

Maylana/Darana/Elesana: But this one interview that was made prior to the launch of BFA says Sylvanas isn’t evil, even though devs have been known to lie in interviews to not reveal plot points or changing said plot points mid development, I’m going to ignore every piece of evidence pointing out towards Tyrande’s story leading to something else and pretend they’re done because this one interview i clung to.

14 Likes

Nah.

Except they did.

Again, noone knows what the status is. Assuming it is Horde territory is just that, an assumption.

Keep flailing.

LOL. You were wrong about 8.1 being the end of the Night Elf revenge story yet refuse to admit it. You have this cinematic and information about both factions going into Shadowlands to hunt Sylvanas, but no apparently that doesn’t count in your head.

Yeah, this was addressed. :point_down:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/i-feel-lied-to-post-bfa-version/596347/7?u=gantrithor-myzrael

They did what they did because they wanted people to continue playing. If they had come out prior to BfA launch and said “This is going to be MoP 2.0 almost beat for beat.” What do you think would have happened? Hint: the complaints that people have for the story would have been the same but started much sooner.

Blizzard used the term genocide to describe it. It’s been acknowledged as a tragedy.

This is you taking things personally and invalidating any objectivity you may have had.

Which have been addressed.

Which you ignore.

None of your claims you’ve substantiated.

“8.1 is all the Night Elves get for vengeance.”
Proven false by this cinematic and the fact that people are hunting Sylvanas into Shadowlands.

“Devs HATE Night Elves and their players.”
Literally no proof this.

“Sylvanas is going to be redeemed.”
Literally no proof of this.

“The devs think Sylvanas isn’t evil.”
Addressed with the very same quotes you cited. Including a quote that says she is evil. They did what they did to keep people playing. Nothing stated in recent developments make this claim. The game itself portrays Sylvanas as bad.

There you go. You’ve got no argument only, again, headcanon, assumptions and misrepresentations in a sad attempt to support your “claims”. You couldn’t even be bothered to check all your sources which is why you post absurd things like this:

It was in the shortcut. :rofl:

At any rate, even other Night Elf posters (the ones with sound argumentation and worthwhile discussion) aren’t bothered to agree with your extreme take on things.

Yet you refuse to acknowledge it.

You assume she will get a redemption story.

Of course you would. Because you only care about what you want. But good news, that justice for Teldrassil stuff you want had already started happening (see the most recent cinematic).

The cinematic says otherwise.

:pancakes:

3 Likes

Anyone else skip over Gantrithor and Maylana’s posts? Just me? Okay.

14 Likes

:beers:

1 Like

It’s nothing personal, friend. I get tired of the same arguments because I disagree with both of you, although I see both your points I just lie somewhere in the middle. I still enjoy the pancakes though!

1 Like

I get that way whenever I see any hyper-fragmented quote chains in posts. It’s like trying to read the appendices of a dictionary or a medical document.

8 Likes

No offense taken. Cheers!

https://giphy.com/gifs/blunttalk-starz-season2-3o6ZsUJ44ffpnAW7Dy

1 Like

I’ve been skimming. Mostly for the pancakes. I enjoy pancakes.

7 Likes

10 Likes

I prefer my pancakes completely dry. I just pick them up, fold them in half like a burrito and eat them like cookies on a fork.

7 Likes

You tease.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. Being married to a Canadian I have a soft spot for the real maple syrup.

2 Likes

I do as well. Except my soft spot became a hard line after I grew up and realized I’d been lied to my whole childhood with maple-flavored corn syrup, and I tried the real thing.

4 Likes

:100:

1 Like

If we learned anything, its that pancakes and syrup are capable of uniting people :gift_heart:

1 Like

4 Likes