Nameplates Not Working Properly

I’ve been having this issue for months now, and its only even been on my main character. (The one I’m using to post this.)

The name plates should be showing properly, however for some reason they aren’t showing the health bars, nor do they look like the normal blizzard name plates.

They are just fine on any of my other characters, this is only happening on my mage. I do not have any addons that affect the nameplates, and I have deleted my character cache yet still not fixed.

Help please?

5 Likes

Have you by chance disabled all addons and checked just to confirm?

I have. The same issue still persists.

Gàrtrex,

By default, the V key will toggle the health bar on enemy nameplates. You may have tapped that key if you’re not seeing them.

For more fine controls, if you go into the main menu > Interface > Names section you can configure your nameplates more directly. Try out some different options or hit the defaults key in the lower left.

1 Like

My keybind is set to Ctrl + Q for Enemy Nameplates, and Ctrl + W for Friendly Nameplates (Ctrl + E for all) since I use the V key for spells on characters.

My issue is in regards with how the nameplates are displayed on my mage, and only my mage. The name and elite/rare icons show, however the health bar to go along with them does not show at all.

It is somehow glitched or bugged on my mage, since it works perfectly fine on my other characters without the need for an addon to display them. If I want to see the health bar on the nameplates while playing on my mage, I am basically required to install an addon to see them.

I’m looking to get this issue fixed so that I don’t have to install an addon I don’t really want just for one character.

1 Like

Hey Gartrex,

I might suggest resetting the game settings to default in the menu, then using the command: /console cvar_default

After defaulting the cvar try manually adjusting the nameplates options via the interface game menu (not using the CTRL+W).

Let us know if this works for you.

9 Likes

I did as you said, and at first it didn’t work.

However, after I set my UI Scale back down to where I had it, the nameplates fixed as well and now show properly like they do on my other characters.

The issue has been solved now.

Thank you both, Kaldraydis and Jurannok, for helping me on this issue.
Thank you as well, Expanse, for trying to help.

EDIT:
Alright then… my game gets dc’ed and the nameplates are broken again in the same fashion as the first time.

I think the console command is a temp fix, and this whole nameplate issue is starting to annoy me since I do not want to be forced to download and addon just for one character who has some broken nameplates when they work perfectly fine on the other characters…

Gàrtrex,

This isn’t necessarily accurate. If you disconnect from the game, your changes do not stick because you didn’t write to your game files successfully.

Try the method above again, set up your nameplates, and then safely log out of the game and exit. This will write your changes to your character’s wtf files and should let you read them again on login, resulting in a more permanent fix.

Let us know if you still need help after that.

2 Likes

I redid the steps and it worked this time. I logged out and back in a few times to be sure and all seems fine now. Thank you all.

I guess last time I tried this my log out didn’t happen properly, therefore the settings reverted to the issue.

Had the same issue myself. This resolved it. Thx!

It works
if you had problems after using the new beta shadowlands UI developed for 3rd parties, just follow those instructions above

[Edited by Blizzard] This thread has been inactive for some time. Please be mindful of resurrecting older threads. A new or more recent thread can be created to continue the discussion. Locking this thread.

1 Like