Nameplate distance

is it me, or did blizz ninja change the distance enemy name plates show up?

8 Likes

Just you. Max distance is still defaulted to 60 and hasn’t changed.

It’s actually not just me, I just saw a whole bunch of other posts about this.

But thanks I guess.

5 Likes

It’s a bug thanks to the Plunderstorm event… I noticed the changes to nameplate in that game mode is the same issue we’re having in retail. Also my UI settings get reset whenever I play Plunderstorm so there’s that.

5 Likes

Maybe it will be fixed as part of the maintenance they are doing tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I noticed this too. Any way to fix via a scripting command?

1 Like

I have the same problem, nameplates not showing unless you’re close to the target.

Never listen to a worgen. they lie.

3 Likes

I figured it was part of the Plunder blunder!

2 Likes

It was pirates not ninjas
D:

1 Like

Still bugged after the 3/21 hotfix. The last 20 RBG players are about to give up :slightly_frowning_face:

6 Likes

The last 20 RBG players :joy::joy:

3 Likes

Right now targetting or setting focus doesn’t show the nameplate in the range it used to, be aware of where everyone is like you need to anyway, instead!

Also having your unitframe info-numbers as ‘Percentage’ changes to a hidden option of Hover for Percentage as if both ‘None’ and ‘Percentage’ options were checked. You have to reselect your option.

Blizzard needs to store all UI configuration options for Plunderstorm in a different file and enable customized options in the future if this becomes a monthly or regular event! It’s why this is happening between both realms.

(When you’re legally blind like me the default UI layout sucks at max uiscale :<)

2 Likes

After playing a bit more with this, I actually don’t mind this change for the enemy flag carrier. Reminds me of the olden days of when you had to find out where the flag carrier actually was, and also makes it so teammates have to communicate (e.g. via pings) to indicate enemy flag carrier location to teammates.

1 Like

Playing on ultrawide also cuts off the view distance from the side

1 Like

Any update on this? It is really annoying not being able to see where the enemy is moving.

4 Likes

just came here to see if i was the only one that noticed. tried asking in /trade chat about this