Name Change BUGGED

Same… #SMALLINDIECOMPANY

+1

I want a refund.

1 Like

Same with me.

Same. Amazing how this is has been a known issue for this long and no response from blizzard… yet they are happy to take your money for a broken service.

I am have the same issue… Blizz plz fix and credit my account for time lost

Same issue…

its same with me.did you already get fixed it?

I did a name change 3 times because of various issues I was encountering.

Original Name → Name 1 → Name 2 → Original name

I paid $20 initially for 2 name changes but since they won’t work, I paid another $10 to get the character’s old name back instead. Then I requested for a refund of $30 total. After a week of waiting, I got a response from a GM and the refund request was approved. However, right after they have refunded the $30, a “Character is locked out due to a billing issue” would pop up every time I try to log in to this character. I am not able to play that toon since 3 days ago. I created a new ticket, but I see horrendous wait times… 30 days!

I paid for a 4th name change, thinking that this will fix the issue and voila, the toon is still locked out of the game.

What in the world, Blizz?!

Just tried to do a name change as well and this is the same issue I am having.

I seriously just lost my level 80 character and can’t raid or group up anymore because I wanted to change my name?? This thread is exactly my issue. If it doesn’t get fixed and I can’t get a refund for my name change and my time now that I’m locked out essentially I’ll sue.

Has anyone in this thread been able to get it fixed? How can I put in a ticket for this issue?

Go make a bug report at https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/support/bug-report/17

I just had to do the same because no one is responding to my tickets and I can’t do any dungeons or be invited to group or go on raids with my level 80. You’d think after decades of having a game that they’d have simple things such as name changes figured out. Make a bug report and put in a ticket in game if you can. That’s all we can do. It’s basically a waiting game now.

I got my named change I am a guild master of my guild.

I cant recruit. Unless I am on an alt.
I cant master loot either therefore I have to make a guildie take that spot.
No one can whisper me unless they type /w (my new name). This is annoying.
WHERE ARE YOU BLIZZARD turn off pay to name change till you fix this.
Your paying customers are getting upset this is taking so long.

I feel for all of us that have to play leader to join a group then hand it off to someone else. I cant even get mail.

Same issue here, but kind of different.

Had a 29 Warlock that had the name I wanted, so I deleted it and changed my name to that one. Well after about 3 days it shows my new name on my player frame and in the character select screen, but besides that everything else is my old name. This is Including tooltips, target frame, target of target, group finder, whispers, etc.

The biggest problem this has had on me is if I am trying to recruit for a raid or dungeon people will see the message and try to whisper me with my old name but the game says that person does not exist, this is also the case for when I try to set myself as master looter from the player frame. The only work around I found was to target myself and use the target frame to set it.

If this is such a big problem for a lot of people, this needs to be made right and in the meantime the feature disabled. We did not pay $11 for a disadvantage.

I’m sure most of us in this thread have tickets in (31 days wait time on mine).

Please, can we get some sort of response. Anything to say “Hey we hear you and know about this, we are fixing it.”??

1 Like

Looks like I have this too :upside_down_face: New name shows correctly on character select screen but old name shows in guild chat and on paper doll.

It looks like The Weekly reset has fixed this issue. Just logged in and my name is showing my new name, in chat, guild, whispers are working now.

My advice, if you are going to name change, do it the day before reset right before you log off for the night.

A GM was able to resolve my issue as well!

How did you contact a GM to fix it??

I bought a name change last night and had no idea this was a thing or I wouldnt have, now Im having the same issue. My old name “Fia” is displayed above my character and in chat, but everywhere else my name is shown as the new one- “Oak”.

I really hope this is fixed with tomorrows maintenance because I dont even know how to open a ticket, all i get are references to articles, and the times it takes to get a response are miserable.

Ugh so frustrated.

unfortunately this still isnt fixed 100%

The name above my head in game still shows the old name , the character window pane still shows the old name. The LFG still shows my old name.
The guild chat shows my new name, the raid frames show my new name.

I get spammed by the game saying that player name (my old name) isn’t currently playing.

If they aren’t going to fix this, they need to remove it from the shop.