Name Change And more in Classic?

Will we see Game Services such as Name, Race, Faction Changes, and Realm Transfers for Classic?

5 Likes

If it wasn’t in classic then I doubt it

2 Likes

Our Developers have said that Character Transfers is something they are looking into as they were introduced mid 2006. However, they have no plans to introduce any other service.

6 Likes

Q: Will PAID transfers also be a thing should a server drop heavily in population and a player wishes to move to find more activity or reconvene with friends on another server?

A: We’re considering integrating a character transfer service once players have reached higher levels. This was available in the original WoW. We’ll look at the rules we imposed at that time and also discuss the implications of players moving to a new realm. We believe realm identity is an important aspect of Classic so any guidelines around transfers should support this belief.

Q: Will there be paid services for Classic?

A: We aren’t considering other services beyond character transfer at this time.

Q: I hope that the character services stays limited to server xfers, because things like Character Boosts would break my heart.

A: Character Boosts are not in keeping with Classic. We don’t want to break any hearts.

Taken from the AMA posted in Classic Discussion.

7 Likes

Well paid name changes weren’t a thing, but I definitely got my name changed for free through a GM back in the day.

18 Likes

None of the other game services are currently being planned, but realm transfers are.

2 Likes

Posting to support name changes. I don’t like the name for my classic mage, and I’m not going re-grind 22 classic levels just to change.

Hopefully Blizz will realize this isn’t going to upset anyone, and it’s $$.

24 Likes

This isn’t a petition thread.

Blues here are not liaisons the the developers

7 Likes

Until a streamer gets upset, anyway.

However it would not be a bad idea to follow up with a suggestion ticket via the ingame help menu. CS doesn’t make these changes.

7 Likes

Providing positive input from a Customer to Customer Service is a normal thing. Development doesn’t live in a vacuum where Customer Service has no input nor influence.

3 Likes

The Blues here are not liaisons with the developers. CMs collect the feedback and parse it to the developers, not CS.

9 Likes

I’m not certain why Banewulf’s thread was marked as trolling since it was entirely correct and well stated. I’d caution against false reports, I don’t take kindly to them.

22 Likes