[N-RP-PvP] The Traitor Legion

After a few days like this of utter silence, I'd normally post an update.

But honestly I'm kinda nervous about Ms. Florence.

We have a lot of guildies in southern and southeastern states. Almost two million are being evacuated. I've never felt as uncertain about a hurricane as this one.

So, if I'm found kayaking with my computer, well, I hope everyone else ends up fine too.
09/11/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Buliss
After a few days like this of utter silence, I'd normally post an update.

But honestly I'm kinda nervous about Ms. Florence.

We have a lot of guildies in southern and southeastern states. Almost two million are being evacuated. I've never felt as uncertain about a hurricane as this one.

So, if I'm found kayaking with my computer, well, I hope everyone else ends up fine too.

I'm sending every good vibe and good bit of karma I have stocked up to all of yous guys' way. (I probably worded that terribly but you know what I mean. <3 )

If ANYONE needs anything, please reach out to us, your friends. Maybe we can help.
First of all: I hope you all stay safe if you're on the Eastern Seaboard. I have several friends there (one of my best friend's children are in North Carolina) and I'm wishing you all the best/begging you to evacuate if it looks like the Raindeath is going to really try and drown you out.

Second: I am wanting to apply on my Forsaken monk. She's not a pacifist by any means but she is pretty socially timid -- she's a healer, but not someone who would run in the face of adversity. Battlefield mind is very different than her public speaking mind, so to speak. I've been reading the rules and I was concerned that she might come off as a liability. Do you think this would be a problem?

Again please take your time in replying, there is the world's worst swirly storm heading to town and I am in no rush.
The Kal'Garn turns Drustvar into a new hunting ground, we sneak our way into Vol'dun, and just how the heck are we making it out of Nazmir with our skin still attached?

It's been an exciting rp week with more to come!
09/12/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Vashta
First of all: I hope you all stay safe if you're on the Eastern Seaboard. I have several friends there (one of my best friend's children are in North Carolina) and I'm wishing you all the best/begging you to evacuate if it looks like the Raindeath is going to really try and drown you out.

Second: I am wanting to apply on my Forsaken monk. She's not a pacifist by any means but she is pretty socially timid -- she's a healer, but not someone who would run in the face of adversity. Battlefield mind is very different than her public speaking mind, so to speak. I've been reading the rules and I was concerned that she might come off as a liability. Do you think this would be a problem?

Again please take your time in replying, there is the world's worst swirly storm heading to town and I am in no rush.

Thanks for your concern. Mrs. Florence has decided to take a sharp left turn after hitting North Carolina. Now everything is significantly safer on the inland side, but flooding is possible.

As for your Forsaken, while public opinion is meh on faction pride, the Vol'kar is full of it. They have finally proven themselves capable and determined to handle any problem the Warchief commands they handle. While they accept greenhorns, it is encouraged that your character is a veteran of some sort. Liabilities are dangerous on the battlefield, and​ in the climate we are in both IC/OOC, may be unwise if she isn't gung-ho.
I'm so glad that the hurricane came down in power! It worked out better than it could have. I was watching a webinar yesterday where the speakers were in North Carolina and there was this supremely ominous bumping going on in the background which they said was due to the winds. Spooky stuff.

My Forsaken has definitely participated in most of the Horde campaigns, starting with the Gates of Anh'Qiraj. Most notably she followed the army to Pandaria and, after picking up training as a monk, started her career as a healer (ostensibly to "make up" for being a warlock for a considerable amount of time). I don't consider her a greenhorn by any means, but she's a very socially awkward potato and I didn't know if that would translate as 'too spooked for battlefield' or not.

It's given me a lot to consider and thank you for your reply!
Who wins in a fight between a garn and a slug?

It's a forgone conclusion. Vol'kar downs G'huun!
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/158696398974353408/490771378450989076/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/490781899128832011/WoWScrnShot_091618_023234.jpg

We slapped the slug.
The war escalated with the terrible General On'theus, a former all within the Army of the Light, made a personal matter of vegeance. At the hands of this zealot, Elder Khur'zon of the discrete coastal village in Durotar, modeled after Garadar, was executed. Put on display in the middle of his own town, the Vol'kar was too late to save their old friend. Any able bodied person that hadn't been sent off to the Horde army in Zandalar were also slaughtered. While the elderly and children were mostly spared, Jan-Mak himself shuddered to think what would have happened if ten more minutes had passed.

Coupled with their discoveries after a recent raid on the Hall of the Brave, the High Warlord has called together an elite squadron of troops. A mission of high importance was to be conducted. Infiltration and recon.

OOC side, everything is just peachy. With one G'Huun kill secured, and the guild already 8/8 N, morale is soaring!

All of us who were caught in Florence's path are safe and sound. Some of the Vol'kar are without internet and computer for some time, but for the most part, we're all good! :)
Update, ported directly from our discord!

After a successful infiltration mission into [redacted], the three teams that were picked all found their objectives with minimal losses. The only death that was reported, was Arani Sunweaver of the Second Cohort. Dubious and unsatisfied with the death, the High Warlord moved on to delving into the intel. Within the boxes they found additional banners and tabards that were to supply the Fighting Fifth for some time. Another item they found, a simple stack of papers, had detailed reports and information about.. something. They were not able to decode much of its encrypted, complex system. They were able to decode what they believe was a journal excerpt. Thanks to @Iriari, @Essalie, and @Ithise, the elven brains deciphered that the man was being watched under lock-and-key, and he was able to escape his captors. His last known destination was the South Seas.

Now, the High Warlord is ordering a most peculiar mission. Instead of attempting to track down this felon in the old fashioned manner, he believes that because of the time of year, it would be perfect to go to the heart of known pirate culture. Within Freehold, they'll find their informant. But they can't just walk into Freehold, they'll have to play the part as well.

Operation: "The Pirate Event" soon! Get ready to walk the plank, and kiss Polly goodbye!
What days do you usually do RP events? Thinking of trying out a Mag'har when I eventually unlock them and then can race change a leveled up alt, but I also have a bit of an unfortunately cramped schedule for slotting in time to attend events.
Got into a scrap over in Stormsong, luckly when it went from 2 on 1 to 6 on 1 a few Vol'kar showed up outta no where.

*salute*
Heya Gazooks,

Our event times range pretty wildly! Recently, though, the average timeframe is somewhere between 4:30PM server time, to 7PM server time. Our events have gotten rather descriptive and intense! Not a bad thing, but for people who have tight time frames, it can be tricky.

Hopefully this helps. If not, just catch me online any time. I'm a college student with too much free time, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, thanks Kiethoo. :)
"Lok-Tar O'gar. They are more than just mere words of glory. We do not mindlessly slaughter. They are ancient rites, that when invoked, are a threat. A demand. We are Horde. We will do anything to protect our own. To defy those that would threaten our way of life. No longer shall we fear the world around us, instead, we are the ones that are feared. Victory.. or death."

The first promotion ceremony in many months this Thursday, and we are expecting a big attendance! I can't wait to see everyone there. It's going to be a ton of fun, and tug at the heart strings.
What is the best position to sleep in? Your back, your side, or your stomach? :Thinking:
Side.
09/26/2018 06:52 PMPosted by Buliss
What is the best position to sleep in? Your back, your side, or your stomach? :Thinking:

Stomach!
09/26/2018 06:56 PMPosted by Famsuh
Side.
Promotions tonight at 4:30 PM server! Can't wait to see everyone's beautiful faces there.
Huge congrats to everyone who was promoted tonight! So proud of all of you! :D

Was really a heart-warming and fun event. :)