[N-RP] Neutral Guilds Gathering, January 25th

If you would like to check the Sanctum out in advance - along with a couple of other spots in the Jade Forest - we can make arrangements to meet up ingame.

1 Like

Will definitely try and have a backup location ready… is it the sharding thats the problem?

It often can be. We struggled just to get both me and our GM into the zone in the same phase, having tried everything short of getting a lock in to summon one of us from two feet away.

Hmmm. Sounds like this will most likely be a problem. And we can’t even all party up together for this.

From what I understand the problem was because the daily in the area happened to be up and interfering, but it’s still best to be safe.

Someone suggested using Hearthglen. One of the groups coming actually uses it as the game-location for a neutral base they are constructing. How would that sound to folks?

1 Like

I’d be fine with using Hearthglen! ICly it’s already a neutral area because of the Crusade, although depending on the turnout you expect you may have a limited choice in what buildings you host it in. The barracks/Mardenholde Keep there has some decent space.

If folks also like the aesthetic of Pandaria, I believe our pandaren friends used the Shrine of Fellowship for a neutral pandaren gathering once upon a time too? I don’t think there’s any phasing there but I could easily be wrong.

Are all members of a given guild welcome to attend or is this mostly a thing for GMs and officers?

The potential difficulties at the Jade Serpent Temple (location of the Sanctum) have nothing to do with sharding. They are actually fairly simple to avoid.

The only problem is that there is always someone who doesn’t follow directions.

There is a known bug in the temple. If you enter the instance even after you exit you are still phased from others who were in the un-instanced version.

“Sha day” - an informal term for a recurring event - seems to make this problem worse. Once a week there is an infestation of sha (mobs not bosses), similar to what is found in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms all the time. IIRC sha day falls midweek - forget the exact day. It’s in the courtyard area inside the main entrance to the temple grounds.

If you use the rear entrance to the sanctum I mentioned above both those difficulties are avoided. Post someone on a flying mount above the roof line near that entrance so people know where to land. Include directions to avoid both the instance & the main courtyard in any announcements.

Minor difficulty. Easily avoided.

1 Like

So, if I understand correctly, anyone who lands on the big round balcony, and walk in from there, there should be no sharding or phasing?

All members are welcome, but representatives may be asked to speak for the group, during key moments.

Correct. I have never seen a problem there. And it is fine for the majority of people landing at the front of the temple as well. But when problems have occurred it has always been at the front, never at the balcony.

1 Like

Event is happening in two weeks, folks!

Still mulling over sites or decided on one?

I always liked the idea of the Sanctum, so lets go with that!

1 Like

Cool, I’ll volunteer myself to stay airborne on a big black cloud serpent pre-event to help direct people to the “safe” entry point.

Thank you, that would be wonderful!

still debating which char to be on. But the Thundering Onyx Cloud Serpent should be easy to spot :smiley:

Can we get an update on the participants list? I know Stormwind University should be on there!

Just re-read the thread and saw that Stormwind University DID say they were attending, so adding them to the list of attendees.

If we missed anyone else, please comment below!