[N-RP] Neutral Guilds Gathering, January 25th

Event:
Cross-faction gathering of neutral guilds

When
Friday, January 25th at 5pm (server time).
Where
To be determined.

In-characterl-y:
A scroll is found at the entrance of your guild-hall/home. It is tied with a red ribbon and bears the crimson-and-golden seal of the Sunreavers. As your hand approaches the scroll, the seal glows and the ribbon falls away. The parchment opens and magical ink appears. The text reads:

_Greetings, stranger. _
The Sunreavers of Dalaran, being associates of the Kirin Tor have chosen to remain as neutral as possible throughout the current, global conflict. It has come to our attention that you or your organisation may feel the same way.

We understand that in a polarized word, choosing to remain neutral comes with a certain amount of risk. As there is strength in numbers, we have decided to reach out to like-minded individuals and propose a gathering of sorts.

On Friday, January 25th, at 5 o’clock, we propose a Gathering of neutral guilds or people. We will discuss the current situation and how we fit into it. We will also be able to explore ways in which our groups can help support each other.

A location will be sent soon. We hope to see you soon.

Regards,
The Sunreavers
Dalaran

Out-of-character-ly
This is the Sunreavers first attempt at planning and running a cross-faction event, taking advantage of the Elixir of Tongues. We’d love to talk to friendly Horde and Alliance characters about coming together and having an actual conversation. This would be a chance to create stronger bonds of friendship, or at the very least, create a list of allies for possible future events or stories.

Please comment below with ideas/questions, and also to communicate your participation. A list of participating guilds/groups will be posted below.

Also looking for a location! Any ideas are most welcome!

2 Likes

Participants:

The Sunreavers
Archivum Collective
The Bronze Talons
Waylight Outreach
Duskwatch Saberguard
The Azeroth Peace Council
Stormwind University

This list will be updated. Check back soon!

2 Likes

Do you welcome non-guild, cross-faction organizations? If so, this could be something Waylight Outreach might be interested in!

We absolutely would! We look forward to meeting and networking with other neutral-minded characters, groups and guilds. The idea of what this could be is still shaping itself in my mind. Let’s chat, at a time that is convenient for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m just going to throw this idea here; what about Shattrath? It’s very easy to get to, with portals in every city, useable as low as level 58. It’s pretty empty, meaning few chances of conflicting with some unknown guild event happening at the same time. It’s a location that has always been neutral, even while places like Dalaran have historically chosen a side. Unlike the goblin neutral hubs, you won’t run into a situation where people can’t attend due to a reputation grind.

Just a thought!

I definitely like it as an option, so it goes on the list! What I dislike, but can get over, is the magical effort that would be needed to ICly go to another world to have a meeting. haha!
Would be fun if there was a guild that ‘ran’ a neutral pub, or town, or something… to go into their regular place and have it there.

Awwwwwwwwwww YEAH. We are so freaking in. This sounds so cool!

Edit: Also, the Scrollkeeper’s Sanctum is ICly basically open to the public. It’s not that different from a museum or library. If you’d like to utilize our space. It’s very large.

Glad you guys will come! You should add it to your guild calendar! Can I officially add “Archivum Collective” so the participants post?

Also, where is this Sanctum? Town/zone?

1 Like

Yeah go ahead and mark us down! And it’s the uninstanced version of the Lorewalker Stonestep wing of the Jade Temple. So you fly in from above, and you’re in.

Awesome! That is being added to the list of places we will consider for hosting this Gathering!

2 Likes

The Bronze Talons (IC non-aligned organization OOC twinned guilds) plan to attend - either Kunbo or another character.

Another possible location is Moonglade.

The Scrollkeeper’s Sanctum is an amazing location for RP - as is the whole uninstanced temple. It would get my vote, apart from the question of access by lower level attendees. Be aware though that scheduling the event on a sha day causes difficulties. Also, at every event i’ve attended there at least one person ends up phased because of glitches associated with the subzone. Despite that it’s still a great spot & Pandaria is the new Switzerland.

Very excited to hear you are coming! The more the merrier for sure! And thanks for all that good info on the Sanctum. Might have to consider sharing. Hmmm.

1 Like

You can definitely count on Waylight Outreach being there, I’ve been telling folks about it in our discord and encouraging everyone who can make it to show support! If you need to bounce any additional planning ideas off me or anything similar, don’t hesitate to reach out! (I also think the Sanctum is a great place, very spacious and scholarly!)

1 Like

One way to make the uninstanced Sanctum more easily accessible is to have people land on or near the round terrace just behind it - to the rear of the whole Temple complex. The location is unlabeled but seen on the bottom center of the temple map. The second screenshot on the wowhead page about “The Librarian’s Quandry” quest shows the terrace.

That’s the way I’d get to the Sanctum to check it out ahead of time.

1 Like

The Duskwatch Saberguard would like to attend if that would be possible! :slight_smile:

It sure would be! See you there, friends!

Several guilds/groups/communities are now confirmed as coming! Still plenty of time to add your name to the list… anyone else?

Have you decided on a location yet?

Very much leaning towards the Sanctum, in the Jade Forest. Pandaria does sort of have that ‘neutral’ vibe to it, and it’s also close to both Zandalar and Kul Tiras, for heroes traveling from those locations.

1 Like

Stormwind University would be happy to attend, though speaking from the experience of having once tried to host an event in the Scrollkeeper’s Sanctum, I’d like to strongly urge you to have a backup location ready.

1 Like