[N-RP] Cleansing the Blight | Tue 11/30 5:30 PM | Legion Dalaran: The Portrait Room

Session Zero is tonight at 5:30 PM WrA ST! We’ll be meeting at the Moonwell in Nighthaven!

We had a great turnout on Friday! Looking forward to the next event!

1 Like

Toxins bubble up through the lake bed, injecting their venom into the once-tame waters. Debris rises and falls on the film that has grown over the surface. Meanwhile, the Blight lingers far underneath, in a barrow den torn from its sleeping guardians. While some cleanse the lake’s waters, others delve into the depths to stop the Blight at its source.

Hey guys! This will be Session One, our first actual event! We’ll have two parts! One will be underground: investigating the Den and maybe some combat! The other will be above ground, cleaning out a lake. Come stop by!

This is still being actively developed! We’re examining ideas and story threads from our participants, considering if and how we can work them into the plot! If you want to drop suggestions or ideas, feel free to join our Discord! We can’t make them all happen, but we’d love to hear them!

Also, we’re still looking for DMs/Storyrunners to help support the initiative! Both big tasks and small tasks, we could use some additional Helping hands on deck!

1 Like

Looking forward to it! Although Lovi wants to have a little talk with Gulgalogos beforehand… eyes Gulgalogos

:smiley:

1 Like

I would be delighted to converse with you ahead of our next gathering, Loviattar, to discuss whatever concerns you. After our initial gathering, I have some sense of what that might be.

You may almost always find me holding vigil on the beaches of Darkshore in the evenings or we can arrange for another venue, perhaps in the hour before our next gathering.

OOC: I’ll hit you up on the discord to discuss arrangements :slight_smile:

As people step through the streets of their town, Horde and Alliance alike would find the following scroll posted on their local Hero’s Call boards. Additionally, other parties that have directly expressed interest would find a scroll case delivered to their home.

Into the Den (Session 1) will be this upcoming Friday, June 11th! I’m excited to have everyone there!

Hope to see you all there :smiley:

2 Likes

This is tonight at 5:30 PM!

Here’s the location! We’ll split into groups once we get there!

2 Likes

The following missive arrives at the Dalaran offices of Captain Loviattar:

To the Esteemed Captain Loviattar,

It has come to my attention that you remain dissatisfied with our last conversation, and I admit to feeling similarly, though I am uncertain of the fruitfulness of pursuing the matter further.

Nevertheless, it is always my hope to find means of reconciling differences and it is still my hope to do so in this case.

I can only present to you my perspective on what has transpired between us, at which you clearly still take offense.

I confess that like you, I have not minced words, nor do I, at this point, feel called to apologize for my directness, as hurtful as I can imagine that directness being to you.

You accuse me of insulting you, and perhaps, over the course of our conversations, I have, but I would suggest that the insult began with your own insecurities and misassumptions at what started as a simple inquiry directed to the Priestess.

Your reflexive derision toward my call for restraint on the use of unnecessary force dismissively and incorrectly assumed that my concerns arose from naiveté of violence (a naiveté that I would happily trade in an instant for the terrible knowledge I forever carry), when in reality, it only revealed your own—not, of course, as a matter of the physical acts of war, but rather as a matter of personal reflection upon them.

You then took this assumption as an opportunity to publicly insult and undermine my position, which was clearly swaying public opinion, even within your own camp.

When I subtly, and largely indirectly, called out the unnecessary aggressiveness of your position, you chose to dig in and defend your obscene belligerence.

The real insult then came privately from among your own troops and, I would suggest, from within your own heart—the one thing that gives me hope.

If you feel that I have misjudged you, then I would ask, how you would judge yourself based on your words and attitudes thus far, as one who has never met you and does not know your inner heart?

How would you perceive your response to an inquiry—not directed at you—about whether considerations had been made to limit bloodshed?

Did you truly respond as one disciplined soldier to another, or did you respond as a wounded warrior condemned by her own history of violence, attempting to cover over her shame by overcompensating with perverse bravado (and yes, my own judgment has resurfaced in the last)?

I find it difficult to imagine that, if you are truly able to step back from your behavior, you will find your troops’ concerns or even my judgment all that bewildering.

Having said all of that; I harbor absolutely no ill will toward you, Captain, and I hope that eventually we will be able to establish sufficient trust between us in our work—if not in our words—together that it will allow for the pretenses covering shame to fall.

If you still wish to discuss this matter further at this time, I will come to your office during your open hours later in the week.

Sincerely,

Gulgalogos

OOC: sorry, these things just pop into my head and I have to write them down! Gives more context to a future meeting and offers a small recap of our conversation from Gulgal’s perspective at least :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ooc- Anzl had intended to be there, but last week something happened and she’s now finding a new place to live. She should be settled soon, and will be at the next event.

1 Like

After several days of travel, reports and meetings, Loviattar finally made it back to her office in Dalaran. She dropped into the chair, staring blankly at the pile of unfinished paperwork that seemed to grow larger every day. On top of the papers was an unopened letter addressed to her. A single, pale brow lifted as she stared at it, making no move to pick it up or touch it.

“Corvin!” she finally yelled, her voice easily reaching through the closed door to the offices beyond. In fact everyone in Dalaran could probably hear her when she yelled. Inside voice was something she was completely unfamiliar with.

Once her First Blade and translator had arrived, she nodded to the letter. Her instruction was unspoken but clear, Corvin knew the routine as he translated and read the letter aloud. In the chair, as still and as impassive as a statue, Loviattar listened to Gulgalogos’ words.

There was a long, uncomfortable and awkward silence after Corvin finished reading. Loviattar sat there in frustration, a fierce frown pulling at the corners of her lips as she tried to rein in the fury that had been building inside. Finally, after a long and tense moment, she stood. The Captain stepped around the desk and up to Corvin, snatched the letter from his hands and slowly, angrily ripped it up.

“Tell him to come to my office during my open hours.” she snapped before storming out of the office. So much for getting her paperwork done.

( :smiley: )

2 Likes

“Of course, Captain,” Corvin intoned, watching Lovi stomp out of her office. At once, he sat at the desk and began penning the letter to the Forsaken conservationist.

To the Esteemed Assistant to the Priestess, Gulgalogos:

We accept the offer of discussion further. Please meet us in our Dalaran office room on the 6th day of this current week at the 4th hour of the evening. We look forward to hearing from you.

Signed on the behalf of his Captain,

Corvin Devereaux

2 Likes

Gulgalogos grinned pensively at the Captain’s reply, noting that it came by the hand of her subordinate and was addressed from “we.” He took great comfort in knowing that he was very well acquainted with the various hidden passages and tunnels that existed around Dalaran should the need arise for him to make a swift exit from the meeting.

(:smiley:)

1 Like

A small, tightly rolled scroll arrives at the residence of Priestess Starbreeze, having none of the flourish or fumigation of those sent previously.

Priestess Starbreeze,

We may need discuss complications that have arisen with the Saberguard and the potential threat that they–Captain Loviattar in particular–pose to y-our endeavors for faction peace. I cannot in good conscience provide material aid and/or opportunity for her to needlessly spread more violence and death.

-Gulgalogos

1 Like

A silence falls between the two women.

“It’s really surprising that the kaldorei weren’t the first to cause problems with the undead.”

“The Forsaken.” Lyastei corrects. “And… They are kaldorei, jusht not the ones one would have expected.”

Etoirel barks a single, shrill cackle into the room.

Lyastei winces as it cuts into her ears, “What?”

“You are ridiculous.”

“I am left without the impresshion that was intended to be endearing.”

“Perhaps my Darnassian is rusty. Do you vagabonds consider ridiculous a compliment these days?”

“Etoiriel!” Lyastei goes on the offensive, pushing herself into a straight posture. “Apologize. Now.”

Little Lya does not get to make demands in my estate.

Lyastei bristles, clenching her hands and mouth. With a huff, she glances to the side and runs through the conversation. After a moment, she snaps her attention back. “Shal’dorei are kaldorei, Etoiriel.”

“Just like satyrs, right?”

Lyastei tosses her hands into the air. Elil’ri, her saber - dark of fur and missing ears, rises to his feet. He glances to Etoiriel and growls at her.

“Muzzle your beast, Lya.”

“Elil’ri!” Lyastei snaps at him. The saber maintains his glare at Etoiriel, but Lyastei summons a starlet of silver light. She bounces it in front of him, and, eventually, he lays down.

Etoiriel pushes herself to her feet, then marches for the door.

Lyastei inhales deeply. She grits her teeth and digs her claws into her arm. “Etoiriel!” She swallows her pride and relaxes a bit. “I’m sorry. I’m… still adjusting.”

“It’s been months, Lya. I know it’s not long, but…” She scowls. “I grow tired of it.”

“The shal’dorei are their own people, and it was my failure to confushe them for kaldorei.”

Etoiriel relaxes. She turns around and stares at the blind priestess. With a final sigh, she struts back to the couch and lowers herself next ot Lyastei. Etoiriel snatches a quill, pen, and paper.

“What do you want to say?”

Lyastei smiles. She had more apologizing to do, but this would… This was fine for now. Focusing on the letter, she had expected that there would be turmoil, she’d just hoped it would have come later than the first objective.

"Dear Mister Gulgalogos,

We can meet at some later time to discuss your concerns in private. The following dates are when I’m available.

Zin’al Elune,
Lyastei Starbreeze
Priestess of Elune

Dictated: Lyastei Starbreeze
Penned: Etoiriel Vianadreaux"

There were also a few tables that appear to be schedules.

Thanks for responding! I’ll contact you on Discord to discuss scheduling!

2 Likes

((Hey guys! We’ll be doing Session 1.1 on Sunday, June 27th at 4PM WrA/6PM MG time! This will be a casual, “hang out” event! We’ll be finishing up cleaning the lake! So, volunteer work! Come chill with us, if you’re interested!))

2 Likes

A Pandaren Deathknight walks around Orgrimmar shouting to anyone in earshot. Some remember this crazy lady preaching about Alliance propaganda not too long ago, but this time it’s different.

“Brethren of the Horde, you might of heard about a faction neutral group who claims to attempt a cleansing of the blight. Regardless, we need to be suspicious of them. Their motivation can’t be pure because the venture was started by Alliance people. They haven’t been cleaning anything in the months since their formation. They have been locating unused cashes of blight. They might claim it’s for the purpose of researching it to better fight the existing infection, but why so much? Prepare yourselves for an imminent attack!”

1 Like

Loviattar hated Orgrimmar. It was a well known fact among her peers that the Patrol Captain would do anything and everything in her power to avoid the place. The orc city was hot, dusty, dry and just too damn bright for her. Simply being here put her in a mood… well more of a mood than usual. If only she could quickly get back to her beloved Suramar. And yet she was stopped by the irritating voice of someone shouting above the normal day-to-day racket. Shouting as if anyone was actually listening. Oh to be back in Suramar.

“Oh please,” she snapped to the pandaren as she passed. “Go crawl under your bed if you are afraid of that ragtag group of tree huggers. Take your paranoia elsewhere, you’re making my brain rot even faster than it already is.”

2 Likes

Miyoon turned towards the voice, not spotting the face right away in the crowd.

“Believing that they are simple tree huggers or not so organized as to be thought of as ragtag, is exactly they means by which they will be able to act, more or less, unseen. The most dangerous thing we could do is dismiss them.”

1 Like

(Pokes Miyoon…wrong alt name there Nos. :wink: )

((No this is how I ment it. The group are pretty public so Miyoon would hear about y’all. Miyoon is a crazy cat lady extremist who is always looking for a conspiracy to be right about, but she never will. Like the Alliance propaganda where she thinks the Alliance are lying about how many Kaldori died at the bond fire.)

(Nos wants to see the blight cleansed and hopes y’all succeed. He brought up the concern about checks and balances, keeping teact of the cargo from cradle to grave like in RW with oil/gas shipments; but he ain’t gona go around bad mouthing the effort.))