Mythic+/WQ progress bars not appearing or updating

Since 8.1 on WQ such as azermite mining WQ i have not had the progress bars show up
-WQ where you have to kill/collect x/x also does not show up.
-Big world boss this week ji’arak quest does not pop up nor option to search for group.
-Warfront does not show how much iron/wood i have.
-And my biggest peeve of all was running a mythic+ and not knowing how much % of enemy forces we had done and not being able to see the time remaining.

I found a temporary fix of /reload ui but then when i complete quests they reset as if i have yet to complete it and remain in my quest log. have disabled all add ons and issue is still happening. Any help or ideas how to resolve this would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Edit: even been through the resetting the wow user interface (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549) still got the issue now slightly worse when i reload ui in mythic plus it gave my the progress bar but with my quests layed over the top of it

I am having the exact same issue… I talked to GM in chat who pointed me to these forms saying that he could do nothing about it. No solutions on these forms so far that I can see… has anyone fixed this?

Looks like a solution was just posted:
"
We have received multiple reports of this issue and can confirm it is not working as designed. Our developers are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. You can attempt the workaround below while this issue is being resolved.

1. Run these commands in-game in chat to disable server side syncs then log out:
  • /console synchronizeConfig 0
  • /console synchronizeSettings 0
  1. Delete the character folder:
  • World of Warcraft_retail_\WTF\Account{Account ID}{Realm}{Character Name}
  1. Log back in and the issue should be resolved. If so you can re-enable the server side syncs:
  • /console synchronizeConfig 1
  • /console synchronizeSettings 1

"

I understand this is old but the above solution is not the optimal way to fix this… ALL you need to do is

/console autoquestprogress 1