Mythic+ Tuning Now Live - Sept. 20

In addition to adjustments we’ve previously made over the first few days of Season 1 Mythic+, we’ve identified a few bosses who have spells that have been hitting a bit harder than intended. With hotfixes that are now live, we’ve made the following changes:

The Necrotic Wake

• Zolramus Gatekeeper’s Wrath of Zolramus damage reduced by 25%.
  • Zolramus Gatekeeper’s enemy forces contribution increased.
  • Surgeon Sitchflesh
    • Stitchflesh’s Creation’s Festering Rot periodic damage reduced by 20%.

City of Threads

• Izo, the Grand Splicer
    • The duration of Splice reduced to 6 seconds (was 9 seconds).
4 Likes

Omg im first lol

1 Like

and grim batol is not getting nerfed why?

5 Likes

Good Change. Having to do 700k+ HPS just to do a +4 was absurd.

Next changes wanted:

• City of Threads, Izo, Tremor Slam deals 30% less damage.
  • Grim Batol, Warlocks only cast 1 Curse, instead of 2.
  • Grim Batol, Lavabenders’ frontal slam no longer hasted by Ascension.
  • Grim Batol, Erudax tentacles expire when Shadowgale finishes.
  • Grim Batol, Valiona health reduced by 20%.
  • Grim Batol, Valiona, Shadowflame Elementals can only trigger its explosion against the fixated target.
  • Stonevault, Master Machinists, Speaker Brokk will not cast Molten Metal immediately after Scrap Song.
  • Stonevault, Master Machinists, Exhaust Vents group damage reduced by 30%.
  • Stonevault, Eirich, Entropic Reckoning cast less often.
  • Mists of Tirna Scithe, checkpoints display a message in chat when updated.
12 Likes

Give players who did it before a compensation or sometime like maybe valor and shards

And so begin the series of perpetual nerfs

that is no where near enough for city of threads, what

1 Like

Now get rid of the knockbacks in SoB please

1 Like

Rightfully so

2 Likes

Seems fine to me, the scary part of izo was the overlap of the final ticks of splice with one of the two big AoE hits. Now that overlap no longer happens and the healers has breathing room to top people to be ready for the hit.

3 Likes

Tuning eh?

How about some bug fixing? Like the bug on Siege of Boralus 3rd boss completely screwing over short races by making them swim near the statue randomly?

Or the 6000 bugs plaguing Dawnbreaker right now?

Just not important enough?

2 Likes

Its not just Dawnbreaker, seems like a number of the encounters in the new TWW dungeons have some degree of jank.

Thank god its a start can. can you guys look at Stonevaults next? like the 2nd boss/twins they are dealing some insane dmg and often cast both vents and the other ability at the same time and its a wipe.

The Aoe on Izo i think is still pretty insane not sure it should be doing 90% groups health. maybe add a falloff damage to it? every meter out of the range is a 5% reduction.

2nd boss in Wake also deals some retarded damage if even one cast misses its likely a wipe.

2 Likes

Good proposals, but I don’t think Eirich needs nerfs. He’s already by far the easiest boss in there.

Now reduce the number of tentacles and/or at least put a marker at where the circle is, on last boss grim batol…

1 Like

nice! looking forward to killing that surgeon guy a LOT now! :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Also Skarmarok is only punishing if you don’t stagger the crystals properly. That debuff is nothing to mess with but DPS just wanna unga bunga no matter what.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, given how often that’s come up previously, I don’t think that’s a bug.

No changes to Siege of Boralus (Dread Captain’s Ricochet Fire, Viq’Goth’s 10s knockbacks on everyone) is disappointing, but this is a start.

Now to convince tanks this isn’t Shadowlands and you do in fact have to kill the Gatekeepers…

4 Likes

Definitely agree it’s easy. I think it’s a bit too easy, and giving players the opportunity to make it harder could improve it down the line (as we start getting into that point in the season where 10’s are fairly routine).

The idea is fewer casts of the AOE circle will encourage fewer/slower clears of Void Corruption. So you get faster kills through higher uptime, with higher HPS requirements due to Void Corruption staying active longer. But yeah, it’s super easy.