Mythic Trials of Valor!

Ok bear with me guys. I’m trying to get the Gleaming Val’Kyr Cuirass here:

Says the drop rate is ??%. Basically every piece of this yellow gold set:

Says ??%.

The collections menu inside wow says this stuff drops off bosses in mythic trials of valor. I’ve ran it TWICE with 8 paladins in my group and nothing from that set has dropped for anyone. What the heck? Bad luck or extremely low RNG? Anyone know what’s up with this set? The ??% has me suspicious.

Side question - With all the hit and miss information, some of it being outdated or whatever… makes me think that maybe there is another way of obtaining this armor. Anyone aware of alternative sources as of this current patch?

Going off the comments the drop rate was from the PTR, the sets were attainable from achievements within the Raid, and they are now no longer obtainable.

Thanks for your reply. So the entire set dropped as one is unattainable or the individual pieces? I think I see what you’re saying, that yellow gold set was offered as a reward at some point for completing something. But yeah it no longer is. So at this point I think it definitely still stands that the bosses still drop this stuff individually because the Collections menu says it does. Or does it actually drop. Why hasn’t the ??% updated to current? We really need a separate column for PTR if they are going to post that. So confused.

So has anyone seen the pieces drop from Odyn? I just want the belt, chest, legs, boots and gloves. I don’t need the shoulders and helm (those in the yellow gold I don’t think drop PERIOD anymore).

Np.

Reading the comments I don’t believe the bosses ever dropped the pieces, that was only on the PTR.

The percentages haven’t updated because there’s nothing to update (Wowhead updates I believe from an Addon people run that sends their data back to them, I could be misremembering).

If that’s true then the in-game Collection menu is wrong. And I’ve been raiding the Mythic dungeon for weeks pointlessly. Is this armor really unobtainable now?

Hmm, looked over the individual items and there’s unfortunately not a lot of chatter on it.

There was a post saying you can get everything but the helmet and shoulders from drops but it didn’t expand on that and didn’t say if it was the exact items or different ones that shared the model.

Right? Confusing. Not trusting wowhead right now.

The chest - and everything except helm and shoulders - are obtainable. I myself got the chestpiece during BFA.

The ensemble that contained the appearance of the entire set isn’t available any more, which was the only way to get the helm/shoulders.

Thank you for confirming this. I guess I’ve just witnessed some of the worst RNG ever. I’ll keep at it…

No one has seen any other sources, correct?

My suggestion, see if you’ve got any plate-wearing friends and run it with them. It drops from the first boss, and it’s not particularly tricky, so that might help sway them to run it and then pass the chest if it drops to you.

IIRC, the full mythic set was only available from earning “The Chosen” achievement - which is no longer available (removed at the pre-patch). As I understand it, most of the pieces for the set do drop in the raid excepting the shoulders (I’m almost certain they do not drop) and another piece (not sure which). Remember that until you’re level 121, you’re experiencing personal loot.

Unfortunately I want the whole set :frowning: Minus the helm and shoulders.

I did actually do this, though. I ran it with 8 Paladins each time. Actually, second time I think it was only 5 or 6, but whatever. I offered them 10k gold for each transmog I want that drops. Ran it twice like this and not a SINGLE one dropped.

As I said a couple of posts above yours-

1 Like

Update: Ran it a couple more times, this time using seals and only brought 2 Paladins. I finally saw the Gauntlets drop. Meanwhile, I’ve obtained almost the entire Lightbringer set from Mythic Tomb of Sargaras. The drop rate on that Trials of Valor set has got to be less than 5%.

1 Like

Going to revive this thread. I’ve done two mythic trail of valor raids. The first run gave me the dark set. I’m trying for the gold leg and boots…

I’m going to run heroic version next week to see it the whole ensemble drops.

Any luck on getting pieces of the mythic set (gold)? I’m considering farming this raid every week. Sucks I wasn’t active in the game because I love the entire set.

1 Like

You can still get the pieces, I was able to get the gloves, and I’ve seen the legs and boots drop.

1 Like

I can confirm you can get Chest, Bracers, Gloves, Belt, Pants and Boots from drops. The chance is just super low.

Also i think the Golden Mythic Ensemble can drop from Helya … but as with the LFR and Heroic coloration the change is pretty low.

I myself got the Heroic Ensemble … and i seen several other Ensemble drop for other people.