Mythic+ question

How hard is it to get into tanking for these? I’d like to get into it but seems very intimidating lol like how do I know if I’m doing the right route or what to pull and not pull all that cool stuff? I know there’s that mythic dungeons add on. But do I have to memorize the route I make or is there like a trail in game after you’ve downloaded or made your route?

There are addons and routes you can use but i don’t think they’ll be too beneficial to you when you’re just learning mythic+, use them if you want or whatever but i think you’ll be better off playing your key and learning the pulls and dungeons for a while THEN learn optimal routes.

in the early keys, its not too stressful as not everyone needs to be an expert using full MDI strats

Theres an addon for routes.

Spend a day watching videos for all the dungeons, and then spam tank basic heroics to practice it.

Blood sucks for Necrotic, so plan accordingly, and people hate your yo-yo healthbar, so dont be surprised if they decline your BDK.

Know your healer.

Oh no I’ll level a Paladin for it seems the easiest out of all the plate classes

You’ll know you did at least an okay route when you hit 100%, pathing this season is pretty easy since there aren’t any really important % breakpoints like there were in Prideful (where it was usually REALLY important to hit 20/40/60/80/100% before bosses to make the most use of the buff).

Mythic Dungeon Tools is an invaluable addon and you can import pretty solid routes by just googling them.

Here’s what they look like in-game, which I find easy to follow.

The actual pulls themselves you can follow the imported routes. But usually it’s more of a rule of thumb of learning what you can and can’t get away with, which varies massively between weeks and specs, as well as the capabilities of both you, and the rest of the group.

There is no trail or anything, but most dungeons are pretty linear so once you’ve done the dungeon a couple of times you quickly get accustomed to what you need to pull and what you don’t.

1 Like

Currently squishy, you have to choose heals vs defense. But a good pick nonetheless, way better than BDK.

Any tank works, but personally I consider bears the easiest. Lots of room for error due to their toolkit and innate tankiness compared to something like a VDH or BDK which have the tendency to go splat if their active mitigation isn’t done perfectly in spicy pulls.

You have to memorize the route.

What i usually do on a first run is have the route up in my other monitor so i dont have to stop and open the addon to double check the route.