Mythic plus not tuned as announced

blizzard said that a 5 would be equivalent to a 10, and that is incorrect. 4 and 5 is like doing an 18-20

A 5 in this season’s gear is intended to feel like a 5+(11-2)=14 in last season’s gear. Remember this season’s gear is 39 item levels higher. You doing a 5 right now at 492 ilvl is like doing a 14 last season at 492-39 = 453 ilvl.

1 Like

I believe they said a 2 was like doing a 10

Edit. Or a 0

2 Likes

No, 0 is 10, 5 is 15 is what they announced.

4 Likes

And 10 is max of last season so a 20. :3

Interrupt… Problem solved.

6 Likes

They did not.

7 Likes

as others have said s4 m0 is s3 +10, and everything else is supposed to be ten keys higher than last season.

however, I think they goosed them a bit. I think +2 and up are at least 11 keys higher than last season.

but they should be tuned to be harder. it is the last season in the expac. my main (this VDH) has gone from 482 ilevel to at least 502 tonight after my vault and i’ll have my s4 4 piece set.

i think the real problem for many is not the tuning of M0 (i.e. the amount of damage needed to kill trash/bosses) but that mechanics matter even in s4 m0.

an example: if you aren’t the tank in an m0 and you stand in his frontal, you are most likely getting nuked. especially if you are in <480 gear. if you are tagged by an add and you don’t bring it to the tank, it will be a bad time. if you don’t follow the tank away from the flame dragon in ruby life pools after he said he was skipping it, that dragon will probably nuke you in a global or two. etc.

and people obvioulsy not using defensives or bringing health pots, etc.

the m0 dungeon pool is clearly not the 359 ilevel heroics from s3 and people aren’t prepared.

2 Likes

Add ten key levels and thirty-nine item levels of difficulty and that’s what it is.

Right! for the love of god people skipping the flame dragon isn’t new! and isn’t necessary!

1 Like

whatever it is, it is way harder tuned than talked about.

No, it’s not. Players just haven’t caught on yet and still think low number = faceroll.

5 Likes

You’ve got to account for the season jump as well. Keys get harder because the gear cap increases.

2 Likes

Were you doing +15 on second week?

It is not.

1 Like

Last season a lot of people were. Even my guild started in 8s and went into 10s the first week last season.

This season is very different. I feel it would have been better to introduce this new idea in War Within instead of the last season of this expansion. It’s a huge change that would have been easier to adapt to had we all started at ground zero. But people were used to dropping straight into these keys and now they can’t.

This is what they announced:

M0 takes the place of M10 and it ramps up from there.

5 Likes

With the same gap that we had this season but from scratch? Nah, would have been worse and I do hope they reduce that gap, it’s rough. I healed heroic on a new shaman, and when I was almost fully geared from heroic, I jumped to m0 and yes, the jump was insane.

On an already geared character from season 3 though, rather easy to start.

The tuning feels about the same as S3. There are plenty of groups in LFG doing 10’s and we’re only 2 weeks into the season.

The only part that might be too difficult is the jump to M0 and +2’s for players that never went higher than 10’s in previous seasons. I think there are a lot more players in that position than Blizz realized and now they’re all hard stuck in heroic dungeons which probably feels pretty bad.

2 Likes

Which I find odd. I’d never start a new season at a +10. I used to do +6 week 1, +8 week 2, +10 week 3. And yet I’ve already done 4’s. I feel ahead of the curve this season. I love not having to deal wit affixes lol

1 Like