I am confused about Mythic + dungeons. I started playing Mythic + dungeons because I have already maxed out all of the other Shadowlands Content, except for raiding and PVP because I don’t enjoy those and I don’t have friends that play WOW. All of my Korthian armor is maxed out. I noticed that Mythic items at level 7 are weaker than the Korthian armor, but I need better gear to do the higher Mythic+ levels. In order to improve Mythic gear, I need a better Mythic+ rating, which I can’t get unless I do higher Mythic+ levels. Am I missing something?
Korthia gear maxes out at 233 right? That’s high enough to do keys much higher than 7s
yes.
m+ is about more than having the gear to do it. it’s also about having the experience, which you don’t get unless you do dungeons - even if they don’t give you upgrades - to build up your score.
no ur corec , is how the pepole of WOW make there game so u wanna by carrys
Your missing the vault rewards that are way better than your korthia gear.. at 233 you should be doing like 12s
Yeah. I did +15s at the start of the season in 226 gear. 233 is definitely enough.
As far as “The PUG Meta”… well, I can’t really help there. People are people. They’re going to do what’s best for them, and there’s a sort of supply and demand in the “labor market” for players, especially DPS. Ultimately this is a social game and you will have a much better time if you try to make friends with folks.
Also keeping in mind that the VP upgrade system while sure you’ll only cap out at 236’s dropping, you’ll be able to upgrade far beyond that.
To upgrade to Rank 10 (which is 3 ilvls above what drops from 15s), you only need a M+ score of 1k, which due to how M+ works, is roughly timed 9’s in every dungeon on either Fortified or Tyrannical, or a timed 5 for the same but both difficulties.
People who claim to have maxed out all the SL content usually have just scratched the surface of the collectibles.
At 230 ilvl you should be able to do +10’s comfortably so it’s not a gear issue. The other thing you’re not accounting for is that Mythic+ gear can be upgraded, so even if it’s lower level at +7, it can be upgraded higher. It’s just a case of needing to apply to tons of groups since there are a ton of DPS competing for slots and the person with better rating often gets the spot over someone else. Another potential issue is that meta specs will often get the slot over non-meta, but that really only starts to become a big issue, in my experience, at +15 where non-meta specs can spend hours trying to find a group for specific dungeon.
M+ is about experience too. If you want to skip ahead and bypass the earlier levels (which still build your rating) you’re going to have a hard time getting invited. Alternatively, you could form groups and push your own keys. That will also take time, but like the R6 archivist grind, M+ rating also takes time.
To give you an idea, M15 drops 236 gear only, you’re already at 233. To get anything higher, you need the vault rewards from 12s, 14s and 15s. Unless you have played and mastered (well, I use this term loosely) the preceding levels, it would be fairly silly to expect to get invites, no? Like, why would any raid leader take me to a heroic or mythic Sanctum? I haven’t even done LFR lol let alone normal. Or why would a pvp ranked leader pick me for 2000s? I have like zero ranked matches. Similar idea applies to M+ groups. It’s kinda sucky, but the good thing is that when you hit a certain rating, you can upgrade your gear with valor past 233 (not your korthia gear, but the M+ stuff you do get).
Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?
Your gear is perfectly fine for doing 10-12 easily, and even up to 15’s if you REALLY know the dungeon mechanics extremely well. You’re going to have a really hard time getting PUG invites though since a) Alliance, b) melee dps, c) below average spec, and most importantly d) low IO score.
Increasing your IO score will help a ton, either get your own group and push your own keystone or prioritize filling in all your dungeons with Zero score. For example if you run everything on +8 (both fortified and tyrannical), you won’t have too much trouble getting invited to +10s. Run everything on 10-11 and you’ll get invited to 12’s, etc. It’s pretty painful climbing that ladder unless you have a group of friends to carry you upwards (or switch to a meta spec), but it’s doable
Yeah, I mentioned upgrading Mythic+ gear, but it requires a higher mythic+ rating to rank gear higher. For example, the 1-handed weapon “The Sinsmasher” takes at least 1000 mythic rating to upgrade to level 8. Well, how can I get to 1000 mythic rating if I need it higher than my current gear to do the higher mythic+ dungeons. As a Frost DK at mythic +9, I was struggling to keep my damage up to everyone else. I was doing okay, but not great. Now I just started Mythic+ dungeons, so does the Mythic rating build over time even if I can’t do higher than +10? I hate being the crappy DPS in the group, so if I can’t keep up then I probably won’t go higher than what I can do.
You don’t. I had a friend do a 20s when he rerolled to rogue at like 332 ilvl or something. He hadn’t even played melee before.
It will be almost impossible to get groups since there will be better geared people signing up to anything you sign up to soni would suggest running your own key and pushing that. Since you are new you will improve dps etc a lot just by practicing the dungeons and getting rotation and cds etc better.
If you want any tips or anything I can try and help but I know nothing about dks.