Mythic+ not in a good place

The recent adjustments to their difficulty have certainly raised the bar, and for some I can see this adding an extra level of fun. However, my personal enjoyment is tempered by a growing concern regarding the impact these changes might have on the community.

While I welcome the added challenge, I fear that the increased difficulty, particularly when organizing random groups, is leading to an unreasonably high failure rate. This trend risks alienating players who may feel discouraged by repeated setbacks, ultimately harming the health of the game mode.

It’s crucial for the enjoyment and longevity of Mythic+ dungeons that the difficulty strikes a balance, challenging players without overwhelming them to the point of frustration.

48 Likes

The world needs Heroic runners too.

38 Likes

Very short sighted of you, in my opinion.

17 Likes

since when has m+ been in a good place, ever

26 Likes

Feels like the entire complaint is based around a stat squish (m+ levels) and people not grasping what that means.

58 Likes

feels fine to me, some players who never interupt or cc mobs abilities just expect runs to go like they did last season. last season should be the exception, not rule. dont expect to get your key carried as easily as last time.

6 Likes

A +2 is a +12 last season. If people weren’t comfortable doing a +12 in week 1 of S3, they can do M0’s which now give gear equiavalent to a +12.

I think there are some growing pains, but should be better for the m+ system in the long run due to eliminating useless key levels.

People just need to realize that starting off a season in M0 is now viable and great for people with lower gear or who want a lesser challenge.

82 Likes

I think people kind of have an ego about it now and don’t want to run heroics or do outdoor world content for their gear to get into m0. They want to rush right into +2s and then feel, perish this word, entitled to be doing +2s even though the majority of the playerbase is not pushing +12s on week 1 in pugs to begin with.

8 Likes

They really just need to make M0 spammable, and that would solve a lot of complaints. You could spam 2-9s before, so there is 0 reason their replacement shouldn’t be spammable either.

80 Likes

Heroics. Heroics are the spammable version. Heroics are about where 0s and 2s were before.

7 Likes

I think you are missing the point and adding your own very personal spin on things. I did 20s last season and am at 490 iLvl and have finished the week with a score of…zero. Not a single dungeon was timed. You can be snarky if you want and say I need to learn to play but you are not being honest if that is what you think.

The mode has changed and this is causing issues with pugging. Mythic+ will turn into a game mode that requires a static group for low levels. That is not healthy.

9 Likes

I love this take. It blew me away the sheer difficulty spike, but I’m taking it as an opportunity to improve and check my own hubris. Plus, without the extra added affixes, I can see a lot of the difficulty can’t be blamed on them. It’s just my shoddy mechanics.

8 Likes

It’s not as simple as that. There are people in Mythic+ LFG that can do these dungeons easily. But they are failing. How long do you think people will keep at it when the failure rate is so high?

It used to be you would pug low levels, meet like minded players who are interested in the season and push until the end. That has been taken away. You could argue that once the people that don’t like the extra challenge have left the players left will be of a higher quality and capable of the added challenge. How long will that take? How many will stick with it or just bail until next xpac?

3 Likes

Why are they failing?

How has that been taken away?

Is the issue that the people that dont like the extra challenge are unhappy because they are now doing heroics instead of a m+ with a number?

10 Likes

The scaling change was absolutely stupid. But more than that, m+ just needs to change. Affixes need to go. And quite frankly, raid buffs need to not be a thing in m+ as well(and PI. Who thought that was a good idea? Jfc). Buff drums to be the same as lust. The meta being defined by what raid buffs work the best together is stupid. Mage being the best all the time is stupid. Its a terribly designed and unfun class.

5 Likes

They’re too easy and need to double the difficulty.

2 Likes

The problem is M0 isn’t spammable/farmable. You get one per dungeon each week, that’s not great for learning. “Spam heroics” except heroics are easy to the point that you don’t need to know mechanics and don’t even see some/most of the mechanics. Also most people don’t even know M0 exists and the fact it has lockouts makes it even harder to find a group.

The problem with the old system was 2-8 was very easy and 12+ is when normal people hit walls. trying to do +14-15’s last season was AWFUL. Blizzard picked incredibly bad points to squish down to. M+2 should have been +9-10, Heroics should have been a +5-6, M+0 should be +7-8 and have no lockouts.

So went from a system where players went from +2 to +12 without learning mechanics and replaced it with a system where players go from Heroic to M+2 without learning mechanics.

From a casual player perspective it’s a terrible introduction to M+ and is putting up barriers/hurdles that will keep people out, which is not what you want. Blizzard also does an incredibly poor job of communicating the whole dungeon, M0, M+ system in-game. You should be able to queue into ALL of them, with manually forming groups being for higher end players. Would auto-groups suck? maybe, but you know what else sucks? Spending 30minutes to hours applying to groups and getting declined. “Do your own key” again this is a barrier to entry, many people don’t want to form a group and given that M+2 starts at +12 group comp starts to matter especially if you’re average players with average ilvl. Are new M+2 players going to know what classes/specs to grab? or what Ilvl is acceptable? Doubtful, so expecting them to form a group and have a good experience is just an exercise in futility.

26 Likes

You’re missing the point.

There’s a big gap for the more casual players that were comfortable spamming 5-10s, and that may have been taken away inadvertently.

16 Likes

Not really. It’s just Heroic and m0’s now

12 Likes

I can’t use a mic, so i sadly have to ignore dungeons and raids =(

Makes to much noise :confused: