Mythic Keystones can no longer be deleted. (8.1)

ok if we’re being constructive

since they like to be obtuse, let me reroll keys using your boring dungeon only mat, hrydocores.

bam. stuff gets taken from the player for a service and it’s using currency from the content they run.

17 Likes

People on other sites were talking about a well-known exploit.

So when I ding 120 on an alt do I need to force my friends to carry me through an 11 before I do my first mythic 0 now?

Yikes. This takes dead key to a whole new level.

1 Like

We could. I used to delete and get a new one if I didn’t like it

Will you key still disappear at the end of the week?

The dev teams philosophy seems to be that it people aren’t participating in content, they need to force the players to do that content rather than addressing why players are avoiding certain content.

25 Likes

I don’t do high end content, but you hit the nail on the head here.

1 Like

What a stupid change, blizzard

3 Likes

I don’t do high end keys either, but I still don’t want to do a +8 Temple. I don’t want to actually do any level Temple to be honest.

I wish they would let us delete a key, but just not give us a new one, so I could at least delete it out of protest.

Why on earth would they do this. Some weeks certain dungeons are just ridiculous.

3 Likes

Not just certain dungeons, affixes can make a whole class completely useless.

7 Likes

You could just bomb the key down so it’s an easy complete but then you have all the work of re-pushing the key again and hoping you get something good when it gets higher again…

Seems like a pretty painful change. I guess they are trying to force players to do the dungeons people try to avoid.
Not going to lie, it’s probably just going to be a case of everyone doing the easy ones early in the week and then by Friday-Saturday the only things you can get are King’s Rest/Shrine of Storms etc.

So instead of fixing this exploit or punishing people doing it, just ruin things for everyone else? Absolutely reeks of lazy.

6 Likes

No the actual answer is that some keys “Shrine” are way overtuned on basically every affix, the trash has too many abilites to track (that actually must be tracked) an the bosses even on fort are too tight of a DPS check.

2 Likes

That sounds awful. Yet people will certainly do that. But that is an extra bit of time for no apparent reward.

I feel bad for anyone that’s in a consistent m+ pushing group and ends up with a tyrannical Underrot, now you don’t even have the option to get a different key. I don’t understand why Blizzard is so out of touch the the player base, at least balance the dungeons so that they’re worth doing on certain affixes.

Not happy about this change.

2 Likes

If I had to guess, anyone running a large number of mythic+ dungeons will probably run less of them or there is going to be a whole lot of “guys, we have to go take a flight to shrine (or temple) and deplete this key and try again at the level below”.

Anyone who was just running for the weekly probably won’t change and run more. You only need one key from the 5 in the dungeon. As a healer, I rarely ever use my key (I think once this expansion) because it is just easier to apply to several groups and go with whichever accepts me first.

People will just fail the key twice on purpose to reset the key and then +2 at a chance to get a different key of the same lvl before.

Yes but that takes an extra run and odds are their won’t be any potential for upgrades ( it could still happen odds are fairly low though)

Mind if people start doing that it just further highlights how much they need to look at the dungeons.