Mythic + Ilvls

What’s the mythic + Ilvls for BFA Dungeons ? I plan to start mythic + soon and would like a general idea at what level of gear i should have before attempting mythic + keys

For example

Mythic 0 - 370
Mythic +2 -
Mythic + 5-

Thank you :slight_smile:

I completed a +10 in time at around 370

2 Likes

Hahah, nice but i think as a tank i may need to gear up more so thought of asking about it xD

I’m 365ish on my prot pal and we did a +3 like it was nothing. Only wipe happened because I was experimenting with how much crap I could pull.

Also had an int weapon and holy trinkets on too

2 Likes

I see, than i will set the target for +5.

Thanks alot friend, I deeply appreciate it :slight_smile:

No problem broham

It really depends on the groups average more than 1 person.

Its easy to do a +7 pug at 370 when 2 other dps are 405.

Not quite as easy when all 5 members are 370.

4 Likes

At 370 you are capping around a 5 but again as stated by the others that’s a whole group at 370 I finished my first 10 in time this season at around 394 but I also made sure I was decently geared so I wouldn’t be holding back the group

As a tank you’re in great demand, so you can get away with a lower ilvl than the other roles. For example, I went into my first mythic+ at 336, and in retrospect I wish I’d started at 300-315.

DPS, on the other hand, have a hard time getting picked up unless they are high ilvl. We were running a +2 Atal to help a healer get some experience earlier, and we ended up turning down a 415 DPS for the last spot because a 416 applied at the same time.

1 Like

Hi Irisse.

Gear level isn’t nearly as important as you think. You aren’t going to be wiping because of gear. Just get in there and start learning the dungeons.

3 Likes

Gear allows you to be forgiven for more mistakes. It also allows you to end encounters faster.

That being said, if a player has the class mastery and dungeon knowledge/awareness, gear becomes less of an issue but it is still very nice to have.

4 Likes

Personally I think a safe margin would be within 10-15 ilvl’s of the reward difficulty, that said proper execution > ilvl by miles.

To finish out the list you started in your post.

Level|Loot at the end|Weekly Chest
0|370|
2|375|380
3|375|385
4|380|390
5|385|390
6|385|395
7|390|400
8|395|400
9|395|405
10+*|400|410

2 Likes

This.

Gear helps, but in the end it’s player skill and knowlage. I’ve seen people with significantly more gear in low level m+ just fail and die non stop b/c of lack of skill and knowlage. I was able to hit 120 on my DH and in abt 2 days was at 10s holding my own in DPS and staying alive.

Only person it really matters on IMO is the tank, because some will just get slammed even with good skill if they don’t have enough gear for the level they are at.

Just go in, learn, expect to fail but use it as an opportunity to grow. ilvl will not fix fundamental flaws in gameplay.

Undergeared tanks are fine if the rest of the group has good gear. An overgeared healer can directly compensate for an undergeared tank, and overgeared DPS can make sure the fight is over before the tank’s getting in trouble turns into a death.

Too an extent, yes, but a friend of mine brought his tank alt into a +11 key and got nearly 2-shot by some mobs before the pull even started. We were pushing it with our ilvl at that point. But you can bring in a fresh 120 into a +10 with overgeared people and 2 chest it if they are all smart enough. My point is that ilvl isn’t the end all decider on what key level you should be at.

I agree with that. I just don’t think tanks are special in that regard.

You can work around it, though I think it’s likely safe to argue that when over gearing an instance, it’s easier to carry the DPS or healer then a tank, the exception is likely if you are bringing durable dps that can soak some of the damage like DH/DK’s

Like I said earlier though, you can CC hard hitting mobs to greatly reduce tank damage if you have an undergeared tank. Most bosses don’t hit the tank particularly hard in comparison to trash.

1 Like

A good portion of hard hitting mobs can’t be CC’d though, and that is if you have the proper classes to CC said mobs (Can’t sheep an undead!). And bosses will truck an undergeared tank on tyrannical weeks.