Mythic HFC Gorefiend bugged

You cannot kill Mythic Gorefiend with a small group due to Gorefiend sending multiple people down at once and thus resetting the boss.

This was previously not the case before 7.3.5 as the same group of people cleared all of Mythic HFC for transmog the week before 7.3.5 and now after 7.3.5 it is not possible.
2 Likes
How unfortunate that my friends and I only just now went to Mythic HC and hit this same problem with Gorefiend as well.

Tried it solo as well... but the same issue seemed to occur.
1 Like
This is the same issue with us. We can't kill him as 2 players
EDIT: So I walked to the entrance of the raid and my friend was able to solo the boss. Although, I had to stay away as when I walked back to see the killing blow, he got teleported and boss reset itself. I went back and was able to loot also. that is awesome.
5 Likes
08/25/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Jonbon
This is the same issue with us. We can't kill him as 2 players
EDIT: So I walked to the entrance of the raid and my friend was able to solo the boss. Although, I had to stay away as when I walked back to see the killing blow, he got teleported and boss reset itself. I went back and was able to loot also. that is awesome.

Works! Tysm!
2 Likes
This is still a problem that is going largely ignored for whatever reason. This also makes the meta achievement absolutely impossible to get outside of getting a raid of possibly 20 people together to do this encounter properly. I've been unable to kill it aside from soloing it the entire last month. This week I really tried because I want the meta achievement, went with 8 people which should be more than enough as shadow of death was only cast on 5 players pulling them down into the stomach and he still despawned.
Confirm bug still present - as a duo we did as above poster said: one of ran way back toward entrance, other solo'd it. Worked.

Good luck guys.
bumping for justice
Can confirm as of 10/7/2018 This is still an issue that has not been fixed. 5 seconds into the fight and he sucks you in and de-spawns.
As of 10-20 this is still a problem, can't two man it..
did it today 10/26 with 4 but door for Xhul'horac bugged
Just want to say that I was able to 2-man this boss today with my friend. We were about to give up until he found a reddit post that mentioned using tanks.

We were warrior/paladin combo so we both switched to prot and were able to kill Gorefiend (Mythic) without resetting because it won't reset tanks.

Note: We both had to be prot spec for this to work. I was prot the whole time but he was arms earlier and we couldnt get boss to 50% before resets.

November 5th, 2018
2 Likes

Just did this with a warlock, we did it to where I would hit the boss, run to the back of the room with a soul stone on and jump to kill myself and then rez whenever they got sucked up, then got him out and kill it and was able to loot. (was on a dk) can probably do this same thing with a druid or another dk or shaman with ahnk.

As of 10/18/19, you can solo him with two TANKS. Must both be tanks. Friend and I did it.

As of 11/16/2019 this method will still work.

Can confirm he can be killed as two tanks as of the 26/11

14th Jan 2020, the above method with one person running out of the encounter room and leaving the other to solo the boss still works. Did as a sin rogue/prot paladin combo and we both got loot/achievements.

1 Like

21st June 2020 - Still bugged and even though you can do the walk out part, you cannot get the achievement unless you have enough people in the group. 2 people, or in my case, multi boxing, does not work.

1 Like

This is still a problem.

Still the issue, myself and my friend trying to duo it keeps resetting

As of 9/9/2020 this method still works. Me and my friend just completed it. Thank you so much for sharing this experience. Saved us a lot of headache.

1 Like