Mythic eonar

needs to be made easier to solo!!!

4 Likes

It used to be easy to solo even on mythic after the nerfs. Let me guess. 11.0 also buffed legion content?

It does. Ion is very anti solo raids tho.

i dont know if it got buffed iv never been able to get past the part where you use the teleportal to get up to the ship.

Important things to know when soloing Eonar:
When you get the option to go up, kill one felhunter coming up from the bottom path. If you killed everything else before that point, it will trigger the burst that will clear the adds.
When on the ship, kill the mob and use whatever speed things you can to interact with the four interact-ables with the last one being on the side of the ship exit so you can get out easy.
Use the jump/wings extra button often.

Once you learn the spawn pattern, it gets a lot easier. From what I’ve seen doing a few renewed mog runs (since the weapons from Aggramar and Argus aren’t class-locked to drop anymore) there doesn’t seem to be any major scaling changes.

3 Likes

i never knew i had to kill a fel hunter to trigger the add killing burst.

It is triggered by killing enough ads, and usually after clearing all of the spawns before the ship becomes available, one more is all it takes which buys you enough time to do the ship phase and then come back in time to deal with the far bottom spawn without worrying about the boss being beaten to death before that.

I mean, is there something you absolutely NEED from Eonar that you can’t get from some other boss?

If the answer is yes, that’s fine. I’m not judging.

But if the answer is no… Why not skip it?

There are quests that allow you to skip parts of the Raid. I use them to skip Eonar.

And if you haven’t done those quests yet, just find someone who has done them to help you :smiley:

well i was able to do it knowing i need to kill an add for the explosion was helpful tyvm

1 Like

The skip past Eonar requires defeating Eonar over a few lockouts, while getting help past it is possible, it could be tedious for mount/transmog farmers to rely on others.

Getting the skip done is likely the intent, managing it solo is just a trick on its own because the mechanics are weird.

Sounds like you got it. I was just going to add one tip to anyone else reading this thread who may be struggling. When you’re inside the ship, clicking the four crystals, you can click each of them and immediately run to the next one. You don’t have to stand there and channel the crystal, it will channel as you run.

1 Like

i didnt know that either ty for the tip!

1 Like

Wait what?! They’re not class locked? So the sword could drop on my mage? Are you sure? I leveled a pally and dk just to run this damn raid for an extra chance to get the sword lol.

Lots of the tier chest pieces come from eonar.

Also oddly my plate bracers do which are the last piece i need to complete the set

But ive lived without the bracers lol

I don’t know that I believe this, unless I see it happen or an announcement about these specific items. I have the Aggramar sword and the blue sickle, still trying to get the red, and when I got those it was not from looting the boss. They just dropped when the boss died. Unless they added these items to the loot table for every spec, I think they’re still locked to the specs that can equip.

Wait what!? There’s a blue sickle?! LOL. I have the red, that’s it. I’m at like 80 some kills on Aggramar and Argus. I was at 196 kills for the charhounds before updating DBM and the counter reset a few weeks ago.

Also according to wowhead it does drop for any class now. Yay!

Edit: I literally just ran LFR Aggramar and Argus on my mage, got the blue scythe. Crazy.

Good to know and congrats. I have a Paladin, DK and Warrior who have the skips on Mythic, so I run them once a week. I don’t have the desire to do it more than that, but good to know that it’s official.

Would be nice to see it get the Hellfire first boss treatment where the NPC pretty much can’t die while you do the mechanics - that fight was similar in that to beat it on mythic, you needed speed + dps + know the spawns and pattern in order to keep the NPC (cannons in that case) from dying while doing the mechanic.