Mythic+ Dungeons

So I ran a mythic and got a keystone. Then I found a group and went into a dungeon with them and used it and they got upset and gave me the boot. Clearly I did something wrong. How do I find a group that wants Mythic+? Every group I see listed either says “mythic” or “mythic keystone”.

Mythic Keystone is Mythic+

1 Like

That’s what I thought. But when I used my keystone everyone got upset and booted me.

If you were not the one who made the group then that means the group leader was intending to use their own keystone for that run. Since you used yours it meant that the leader couldn’t use theirs, which was likely a different M+ level.

Basically, when you join a M+ group, only the group leader should use their keystone as that’s the stone everyone else in the group expects. Only use your key if you’re the one who made the group.

3 Likes

Those are mythic+ groups, people just use different slang for them is all.

So the first dungeon I ran to get the keystone was mythic then? I got some gear labeled “mythic” but there was no +.

That’s correct. Dungeons are by default, Normal to Mythic difficulty. Once you have the keystone, you can use that to change the difficulty of a dungeon to the difficulty displayed on the key. (+2, +3, etc. There’s no upper cap.)

Each + makes the dungeon harder and up to +15, the rewards will be better as well. If your keystone is a different level from the group leader’s, then you could for instance make the dungeon a +2 when every one in the group signed up for a +4 for instance. (Because that’s the key the leader had and what he advertised in the group finder.)

Only one person needs to use a keystone to change the dungeon to a Mythic + dungeon. No one else in the group needs their own key, the whole party comes along for the ride.

1 Like

Most of the titles of the groups say “+4” or “+15” (varying numbers. What does that mean? Is there a way for me to spot beginner groups?

Thanks for the help.

The varying numbers refer to the level of keystone it is thus relating to the difficulty of the mythic+

2 Likes

That’s how much more difficult the dungeon will be than a regular Mythic dungeon. If you have a keystone in your inventory you can see how difficult it is. Yours is probably a +2.

If you’ve never run a Mythic + dungeon before, I’d advise you not to go any higher than a +4 until you’re more comfortable with it.

+10s will be moderately difficult and require you to follow your group and work well with them. +15 will be exceedingly challenging and require you and your entire group to be on the ball and know the dungeon very well.

Once you get to the +20s and beyond, that is not the realm of mortal men.

1 Like

Just as a note, I imagine you’re probably used to just blitzing through the trash in dungeons and not being punished by boss mechanics too much. Both of these things change drastically in a keystone dungeon.

Especially at higher key levels, the trash in dungeons becomes legitimately dangerous - sometimes moreso than the bosses. Not only that, but the dungeon is timed. Which means that your group will not want to kill every last trash mob in the dungeon. They will have a specific route that they will be following and will expect you not to deviate from the route or pull any trash mobs that the tank does not expect. Once you get to the bosses, you will need to know their attacks extremely well as they will easily be able to kill you or your party-mates instantly on higher keys.

People will get very upset if you make mistakes and cause too many wipes since the group’s performance of the dungeon will determine if the group leader’s keystone is upgraded to a higher level, or downgraded to a lower one.

But like I said, that’s all worries for when you’re taking dungeons more seriously and doing higher level keys. For now just stick with +2s and +3s. As you learn how it works you’ll get more comfortable with higher stuff.

Alright I’m definitely doing something wrong. I just finished another dungeon with a premade group. Didn’t get any mythic gear or a keystone at the end this time. And I checked and I don’t have the vault achievement for completing 1 mythic+ dungeon either.

Sorry to trouble you.

A couple questions:

1. Was it the same dungeon you finished earlier?
  2. Was it a Mythic dungeon or a Mythic keystone dungeon? (If it was a keystone dungeon there should be a timer and you’ll only get loot at the end instead of every boss)
  3. Do you still have a keystone in your inventory?

Different dungeon, different group. I didn’t notice a timer either. And yes there was loot for every boss. That’s how it was on another I did and got mythic gear though. And yes I still have my keystone (level 2).

Okay. That was a normal Mythic dungeon then. The reason you didn’t get a new keystone is because you can only hold one at a time. You’re also never guaranteed gear drops in dungeons, however if someone else gets gear that they don’t need and you can use, they could trade it to you.

To do a Mythic Keystone dungeon, you’d either need to explicitly join a Mythic keystone group or put together your own group to do your +2 key.

1 Like

Alright got it. Thanks for helping me out.

1 Like

did you just used your keystone on someone else’s group? If you did then I’m sorry but you deserve to be booted. It’s bad etiquette to use your keystone on a group someone else put together unless agreed upon. If you want to use your keystone start your own group