Mythic Cross Realm Ny’alotha

People have already brought up the “breaking the cycle” crap we got with Saurfang’s death. And we ALWAYS end up teaming up for the main bad guys EVERY EXPANSION. The factions don’t necessarily need dissolved, but players need to be able to play with everyone, regardless of faction.

And this isn’t a knee-jerk reaction. They have let this problem fester for far too long. There isn’t any other option to fix the mess that they perpetuated.

4 Likes

inb4 some idiot horde comes in and says “I don’t wana play with dirty ally noobs anyways”

1 Like

Not in the short term. Like I said, it would take at least as many expansions to fix it as it did to break it. That’s a long term solution, and that does nothing for players. But anything short of letting things play out over a few additional expansions actually is a knee-jerk reaction… look at the big picture, not the now picture.

You can literally flip the switch and let everyone play with everyone… and every… single… “imbalance…” is solved.

Except, didn’t Method switch factions and exploit the AH to get the jump on their competition at one point to great effect? Yeah, faction switching isn’t beneficial to anyone, right?

Patience is a virtue Rhuorsan. 100 on each side will be reached.

and any possible story they want to take in the future that involves the factions once again at each other’s throat, is wiped off the board.

Right, but at that point, will there be an Alliance left? Their hardcore player base is practically dead right now by comparison to the Horde, and if Blizzard doesn’t start making bigger changes, that will continue to get worse. Sure the number of characters might still be fairly close, but it feels like the Alliance are a faction of alts right now, not mains.

Limit, actually. And I’m fairly certain they regretted that because they lost the race and were in horrible gold debt. Also guilds of that size actually have the income to do that; most Mythic guilds are people at home working 9-5 jobs that barely cover rent/mortgages. Swapping around and buying out AH and stuff is not exactly within the realm of possibility.

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if Alliance didn’t hit 100 by the end of the expansion. They probably will, but it won’t even be close.

1 Like

The Alliance doesn’t have “many expansions” to wait for this problem to be addressed properly. And I AM looking at the big picture. We, as factions, team up in lore. This is nothing new. LET US DO THAT IN GAME.

1 Like

Problem is, Blizzard’s employees think they are in the Horde IRL.

Also, every faction change is money in their pockets.

1 Like

You are also suggesting that if I do not choose to do it I am the problem. Which is wrong and should never be brought up for something I am not in control of (the faction imbalance and the developers role in making it so). You are saying that if I do not convince 20 people from my guild to pay blizzard extra money to go to the alliance and raid as alliance I am the problem. Is this a bad mutlilevel marketing pitch where I do not even get a share of the profit for bringing in 20 people?

1 Like

Yeah, it’s such a weird kind of response, seeing people say stuff like “the Alliance needs to fix this, it’s not Blizzard’s problem.”

One: there’s no such thing as The Alliance. It’s a different flavor of video game avatar, not something that exists in real life.

Two: we don’t have “people with Alliance characters” meetings to decide what everyone around the world will do with those characters. The only thing we can control individually is what we choose to do with our own characters.

3 Likes

I think that i’ll just say to you what i said to Rhuor…
… you just need to be patient.

If that means that you’re looking to make some profit, then learn TSM and work for your brutosaur in the meantime, as you might be waiting a while 'til Alliance catches up, as checking your Armory, i saw that you didn’t have it yet! :sunglasses:

Exactly this. Many people play both sides! Plantains may just have to dust off his Alliance raider toon and rejoin the mythic team on that server’s race to 100 to stave off his edginess / boredom!

I’ll quit WoW if they ever do that as more than a one-tier gimmick.

1 Like

And others will be able to actually play WoW in your absence. :wave:

1 Like

Not necessarily true. We’re also at the point in an expansion where retention is at its worst, so the alliance mythic raiding guilds will also be fighting against raider attrition counter-acting the normal progress curve.

At the rate we’re clearing, I actually doubt that 6-7 months will see another 90 guilds clear the raid on mythic.

I think we’re far more likely to see blizzard just enable cross-realm mythic raiding for everyone arbitrarily as alliance raiding continues to die.

My expectations?

Shadowlands opens with a new leaderboard system. Combined Horde + Alliance mythic leaderboards that scrubs factions from the boards so that we can’t easily see how bad things are just because I no longer trust the devs to even try to fix the Alliance. I see zero proof that they actually care about us outside of a few individuals.

1 Like

Okay? Azshara was also killed by Method in less than two weeks iirc. The tier is harder and longer.

5-7 months? Playing Nyalotha for 7 more months sounds like hell. Like, actual, Lost style purgatory.

Could be over a year more like Seige if you want instead.

1 Like

Skipped MoP and WoD but that also sounds awful.

The only devs who play the game are long-term elite players who are impressed by prestige, and think we ought to be also.