Mythic Azshara worlds first victory is tainted

I must be missing something.

Neither Method, nor Limit had the win until after the nerf, is that correct? Or have I got that part wrong?

2 Likes

yes I agree and no matter the outcome I would accept it under those conditions let them both start on equal footing

limit was already passed a stage that method was still unable to defeat Blizzard applied a hotfix nerfing that particular issue then suddenly method overtook limit and snagged the worlds first for mythic azshara

Correct, they were pretty neck and neck pre-nerf, but no one took the kill.

I can’t confirm but Koloi believes that Limit had succeeded at passing what was the current block before Method, but then that specific block was reduced allowing Method to catch up again and then take the win.

1 Like

So… if Limit had already beaten where Method was stuck, once Method was unstuck, (granted, by Blizzard), from that point on, level playing field was still level, no?

Please understand I have zero skin in this. I’m not a raider. I’ll never have a World First. But I still must be missing something.

Why hadn’t Limit gone on to get the World First if Method was stuck behind Limit? Or am I no understanding it?

Apologies if I’m being thick.

Also, did time zones have anything to do with this? Or was that not a factor?

1 Like

don’t misunderstand me im not for either limit or method if the roles had been reversed and limit had been the ones to pull this worlds first victory off under those same circumstances I would still feel the same way Blizzard should’ve waited before nerfing that one block and let the chips fall where they may

Didn’t you complain enough in the congratulatory post? Method downed her with 2 total healers, Limit barely downed her even after the nerf…:man_facepalming:

Go back to this

1 Like
  1. The world first race is annoying. Who really cares?
  2. The top guilds get insider access and testing privileges, so it seems like it shouldn’t count.
  3. The ‘top’ guilds use very shady tactics and obsessive no-lifing to ‘accomplish’ the feat.

I wish they’d stop promoting it so much.

4 Likes

no because it was not an even playing field one side was already ahead of the other then Blizzard changes the parameters of the encounter and method was no longer being hindered by it even though limit had already past that point without needing it nerfed

its pretty much the equivalent of letting the second guy in a marathon race pull out a bicycle and chase the leader down then jump off next to the finish line and declaring him the winner

1 Like

I think it was mainly due to the lust placement. Method had decided to hold on to theirs till the final phase. Meaning that their moves had to be close to perfect until then while maintaining a 2 healer 16 DPS and 2 Tank strat. It benefitted them when they were able to make it to final phase because that crunched down significant time required on the boss.

Limit decided to lust Phase 2. Which means when they got to final phase everything needed to be perfect while the entire room and the boss is going crazy. So their everything needed to be perfect at the most hectic moment of the fight.

1 Like

This thread shows how really dumb people can be w/o even understanding what was happening.

Up until the nerf NO ONE has gotten pass the 3rd add because of the 2 min enrage timer of the adds. Limit has found out about this 1st because they died repeatedly to it. The “nerf” happened after method called it for the night give limit a 10hr head start to do something about it

The 2 team had different strat all together. Method’s strat was play burn the last phase where limit had a more defensive strat at the last phase. Method just edge Limit abit better and got the kill w/ their strat

6 Likes

But… the side that was already ahead (Limit), had the same chance to finish as the side that was behind. As you state, Limit was already ahead, yes?

So, in your scenario, Limit had a head start on the same bike, but failed to finish.

Or are you suggesting Blizzard gave Method a buff of some kind from the change that Limit didn’t get because they’d already done that part?

Speaking of bicycles…Anyone watch the Tour de France, as in this year’s that ended Sunday?

I ask because a weird thing happened outside the peloton’s control… due to a crazy snow/hail/rain storm in the Alps on Friday (late July, when the pavement is usually so hot it’s melting), they had to stop Friday’s stage because of flooding & mudslides rendering the course unsafe, and also rerouted/shortened Saturday’s as well because of roads being washed away. :open_mouth:

A guy who’d had the yellow jersey for almost two of the three week race, and had lost it the day before, was counting on getting it back because of his insane downhill skills. But he never got the chance due to the course being shortened.

Not the same, but reminded me…

Ah. That makes sense.

I agree.

I simply cannot confirm if Limit or Method had/hadn’t passed that stage which is why I didn’t state it.

If the phase was possible and didn’t require tuning it should have been left as is until the race was over.
If it wasn’t just a gear/practice thing, then I agree it should have been hotfixed.

In the instance that Limit did surpass that phase there shouldn’t have been any changes at all.

2 Likes

it was not a buff for method Blizzard merely applied a nerf to a raid mechanic which limit had already conquered but not method and they capitalized on it

my point is even if method was stuck behind that issue it was NOT broken or a glitch since as I said limit got past it without needing it nerfed

Blizzard should’ve let it be and not changed a thing in the middle of their attempts

This might be worth watching for just this alone!

So limit benefited from the nerf before method as eu was finishing up for the night giving limit 8 hrs before method was up again meaning limit had more chances at post nerf azshara and method still won. They are all exceptional players. Method is just better.

Post nerf method still took 2 daya of raiding to get ahead % wise of limit who after the nerf got her to 29%. Quit the bs about method causing the nerf.

Clearly it was over tuned and blizz wanted to change it before reset. Its not unheard of

2 Likes

Limit kept their strategy knowingly of the nerfs. Method went with 1 healer less than limit and by playing more agressively on that strat cashed out first. There are many many factors that make the race not fair sticking in one just to say that Method benefited more than Limit on it for me is a onesided view.

1 Like

Literally who cares about the 3 guys in top 10 guilds getting or not getting boss kills?

Green Jesus, I don’t. Who could possibly still give this much of an f?

Blizzard isn’t going to redo it, it’s not their freaking event.

That sounds a bit suss. If one team could get past a boss then why was it nerfed?