Mysterious (potential) new allied race: Harronir

Their side profile has that hunch similar to male nelfs.

Okay Iā€™ve looked at them in the model viewer and theyā€™re using NE male animations and have the male NE sway. These are the male NE skeletons 100%.

2 Likes

The customization options are so limited, itā€™s either not complete yet or just NPCs. But they look interesting. Looks like the in between of Trolls and Elves.

They lookā€¦interesting. Iā€™m honestly not sure how I feel about them yet.

Huh? Oh well, the world demanded a well proportioned night elf and here it is.

Just because they got pointy ears doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re actually elves. Half the humanoid races in this game have pointy ears. We donā€™t really know what they are at present.

I dunno about well proportioned. Those hands are insaneo mode.

They do have wider hips though, which is definitely a problem for the male NE models imo.

2 Likes

That is the curse of the nelf model. Even nightborne suffer.

1 Like

Wtb orges.

1 Like

Woah woah, I donā€™t think Blizz will be adding those into the game.

Kyrian and Venthyr werenā€™t set up like player models were. Kyrian wouldnā€™t be too hard to convert (Theyā€™re based on Vrykul and male Vrykul are set up that way), but Venthyr were completely off

These however are basically set up like Vulpera were at launch

3 Likes

This is giving me Kyrian/Venthyr/Sylvari/Maldraxxi vibes all over againā€¦

If they get more options by the time theyā€™re playable, sure, Iā€™ll take a look. Playing a ā€œmissing linkā€ elf might actually be entertaining.

Iā€™m down for it. Theyā€™ve always done the allied races in pairs. And if alliance is gonna have another dwarf reskin, then horde can get another troll/elf reskin.

100% theyre going to be faction neutral

Oh great more elvesā€¦ā€¦ yaaawwwn

2 Likes

I like the female model EXCEPT for the excessively narrow and thrown back shoulders.

They should give them the female night elf shoulders; I think that would look much better.

1 Like

Iā€™m guessing these will be the guardians of the roots of Elunā€™ahir.
The deepest zone was shown to have what looked to be roots with tents scattered about. Images never showed any residents. Iā€™m guessing these will be who live there.
Might play into whatever zone comes after the Nerubian one later on in the expansion.
Seems fitting.

I really hope they become playable. We know nothing about them yet but they seem mysterious and fresh and cool!

1 Like

Looks like just another elf to go with just another dwarf, so I think this is a likely allied race.

Not my thing, but I could see these being popular and something that many players enjoy. More popular than the Earthen, for sure.

I can definitely say I have Harronir brain rot, honestly hope that they are indeed an allied race, and I especially find it neat that the legend of Elunā€™Ahir seems extremely likely that its part of their lore. : )

Iā€™d put it at very likely for a future patch considering theyā€™re able to wear gear and donā€™t have stock outfits glued on. More customization will probably come later on as they come closer to being playable.

Also theyā€™re high resolution like a player race would be.