My WoW folder is now 72 GB

Yes, mine’s reporting as 72.5 GB now, since that download.

I’m clocking in at just under 59GB, including 1.3GB of screenshots and about 200MB of addons.

71.3 GB here

I’m sure that means something to you, but I’m none the wiser for seeing it.

1 Like

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Complete sentence.

16gb isn’t much when you consider this should have all the art for the content to be released in January as well as what we’ll have available next Tuesday. Music data, raid zone, etc. Probably only about half of the patch’s data content will be put to use before Season 2 starts, but it’s all part of 8.1.

It’s a bit much when you consider this patch update is greater than 25% of your current install. That’s a big patch. 7 expansions is about 55gigs, and the upcoming patch is 16gigs…

Its also telling of how much was left out of the original release of BFA. Then again, some of the files might be compressed on patch day when the installation happens. In the end it might end up being smaller than the sum of its parts.

70.4 gigs mine is

yeah mine is downloading it right now and its 16.40 GB. That seems like a pretty big one.

My recent fresh install of WoW is 52 gigglebits

Edit - but I havent installed this update people are talking about

Before the patch download, it was 56.8 GB. It is now 72.8 GB.

So to answer your question, OP… Yes, this is normal.

My live folder is 69gb and current PTR folder is 58gb so I’d suspect the live folder is both in need of garbage collection and holding upcoming patch data.

It would be great if Bliz let us not retain specific stuff - like all non-current raids, all videos for all non-current cust scenes, etc. As an option. I’d like to drop my 70gb dir to half if I could and I have no intention of ever needing that stuff.

56.1 GB here.

60.3 GB here…that’s just the data folder.

$130 for a 1 TB Samsung SSD is amazing.

But what Linus said about SSDs getting worse because of QLC NAND has me worried.

I just noticed it’s downloading 16.4gb?! That’s ridiculous. There is no way this is right. Yes, my ssd is pretty small 120gb and I have windows on it so you can see the problem lol. It’s no big deal, I’ll just move wow over to the other hdd.