My two cents about Plunderstorm after hitting 40 (solo)... YARRRRRRRRRR

Hello, yesterday (Thursday) I made it (solo) to level 40. I started on Tuesday, reaching level 12. I slept (because sometimes WoW players do that) and grinded until level 40, again, alone. First things first. I LOVE THIS MODE. It needs some minor tweaks here and there, but for the most part, I think you’ve outdone yourselves. I’m honor level 512. I’ve been a PvP player since TBC. It’s the only thing in this world that makes my heart race. I used to live for it, and it’s horrible to see the state of PvP today. “Nobody cares about PvP.” Well, son, “If you build it, they will come.” I think WoW has its audience. You have Mythic+ players, Mythic raiders, battle pet tamers, and so on. You can be one or more of those, but suddenly when you mention “PvP,” people get mad. And I can see it clearly now; WoW is hard when it’s not properly balanced. It takes the fun out of it. From what I understand, you’re working on PvP… like usual… But, please, learn the right lessons from this game. Not the people crying, “I HATE THIS MODE, I’M JUST GONNA TAKE PLUNDER AND GO TO THE STORM; I DON’T WANT TO GIVE MY PLUNDER TO OTHERS WHO ENJOY PVP.” I just don’t get it. If we get a new mega dungeon, PvP players are like, “where is the PvP content” (the last battleground was from Legion and it was terrible), and when we finally get something PvP-oriented, “WHAT IS THIS, I DON’T CARE FOR IT BUT I’M GONNA PLAY IT ANYWAY BECAUSE I WANT THE MOG, I’M JUST MAD AT MYSELF BECAUSE I’M TERRIBLE.” My point is: Toxicity and dualism. Why do you need to be one thing or the other? Both are part of the game. Both parts are fun. If you enjoy one more than the other, you shouldn’t be like that to others for enjoying the same game as you. LOL. AND THAT WAS MY FAVORITE PART! NOT HAVING TO CARRY AFK PEOPLE IN THE BASE AND THIS TIME WHEN I WRITE IN THE CHAT “Please report x player for inactivity (or botting…)” I DON’T GET MYSELF REPORTED BY A LOT OF… You know what… PvP is toxic. PvE, too. But the most toxic player is a mad one, doesn’t matter the thing they enjoy. Even a battle pet player can rage. But somehow, people act like “PvP players” are not people, just monsters inside their mom’s basements angry about their lives. I think we can have everything, no, WE DESERVE everything. We deserve to have fun PvE challenges but also cakes, and something in the middle. Same goes for PvP. This is a cake/challenge to me. You can beat people in the game, and you can duel people amazingly good at this. -I don’t like the idea of nerfing “fire whirl.” I like the unbalanced part. That means sometimes I’ll lose to newbies, sometimes I’ll win. It’s just a game, bruh. -This should be inside the game. I love the lobby; I wish I could go there and chill or RP (or better yet, watch others RP). The idea of having this “brawl of the week” is not for me. If you’re going to make a brawl mode, don’t make it for just one week. Make it random. Every game a new mode! (but first, you need more events to use like brawls, and I think this is perfect for it). We share our honor level between all our characters, why can’t I just PvP and level up my honor in this mode? -Not enough Elites. I understand people HATE RNG (when it’s not in their favor), but an easy way to fix this (as a non-dev, to me, is easy, I know your job’s hard) would be to double the amount of elites and caches. It would help the people to have a better experience in my opinion. I’m not a great Fortnite player since my gf left me lol. Please, read the feedback, but stay with the PvP people a little bit. I know there will be millions of comments “I’M NOT A SWEATY PERSON, I DON’T WANT TO PLAY THIS, STOP MAKING ME!” but please, please, please… Keep doing this. Just integrate it somehow into the game. This is way too good for a 6-week event. I know it’s like when you’re a child and you discover ice cream, you just want to eat ice cream every meal, but you suddenly realize how terrible that would be. You created new tech for this. But c’mon. I don’t want to lose the assets, the dialogue, the voice lines… Maybe because I’m also a collector, I want to preserve this game. I HATE WHEN YOU DELETE STUFF. I recently played ALL of Pandaria with my evoker, and having to watch a YT video of the Wrathion questline (when I started it and never finished back in the day because I did not know it was a TIME-LIMITED QUEST) is just LAME. All the voice acting, the code, the story… Why delete that?.. I trust you, devs. I know it must be hard having a person asking you if this project will give more money, and suddenly your job depends on this being a success or failure. Everything is about money nowadays. Have fun with the game you’re creating. Just don’t delete parts of it on the way. I understand people are mad because this is not what “the majority” of the player base would’ve wanted. They would much prefer a new mega dungeon to repeat until the expansion is over. And I understand it, but our last Epic BG was in Draenor, 10 YEARS AGO! Let us have something, god. And again, I don’t want less PvE content, I want more PvP content without having to take a new raid from the hands of PvE players. Just keep going. Listen to the right feedback, not the “reactions” from people because they’re not first every game. Also, please, when the event is almost over, make it just a day of grind. Even if you’re level 1, just let people grind it really fast at the end. People will remember this event in the future better thanks to that (AND I’M RENOWN 40, I DON’T HAVE A HORSE IN THIS RACE ANYMORE!.. Well, I’m 512 honor level, of course I don’t have a horse in this race either for the PvP because my last horse was at level 500… Maybe it’s time to add new rewards? It’s been 8 (2016) years since Legion).

I don’t savvy why this were kept under lock and key, but blimey, I relished the element of surprise. I’d fancy if ye could pull off such antics with every grand treasure! But every venture be needing its trials. And by the barnacles, why can’t some scallywags just bide their time while waitin’ for a game? A pack o’ ‘em be rushin’ to scour Wowhead, eyepatchin’ all them datamined treasures to offer ye “feedback” on a chest they haven’t even laid their hooks on yet. (Writing this part, I understand why it was a secret, lmao)

Anyways, loved the mode. Thank you.
Can’t wait for the next one… yarrrrrrr

4 Likes

I agree, the PvP Identity of Plunderstorm should be preserved at all cost. Otherwise, it will be hard to turn this into a permanent addition.

Transforming it to fit those who anyway don’t want to engage into it long term just will cause it to die.

4 Likes

It would be neat if this was an added mode on the pvp menu later on (even if the time limited fomo were removed) as survival pvp or in some form. This is still if memory serves the most new content added for pvp since Seething Shore. I’m not the best at it (only renown 6 after a couple sessions grinding solo and duos) but it has been something new to do. It would be great if I was earning honor towards my 250 honor level pvp warhorse while grinding this.

2 Likes