My thoughts on PTR Feral Tree

Some thoughts I had about the new updated tree in the PTR. All of these my opinion, and seeing the other class trees, still appear to be behind in both class and specialization.

Ferocious frenzy talent - ferocious bite hits all nearby enemies.

IMO there is no class flavor to this. Unless my druid is spawning multiple mouths. If they wanted an additional aoe ability i suggest a new one entirely on the feral frenzy node. some sort of AOE pouncing ability w/ out the bleed option of feral frenzy.

Adaptive swarm. just feel it should automatically spread to all units in the pull, remove the healing aspect ( healing death flies?). I feel this could also be combined with the infected wounds talent just because that one is “Meh.”
Id be ok with lower damage or damaged removed if it buffed our bleeds and in addition maybe added a chance to proc a “miss” effect on the enemies to assist tanks or during pvp instead of the standard infected wounds. maybe place it similar to the boomkin tree where we get circle and then adaptive.

lunar inspiration- moonfire in cat form. I would play boomy if i wanted to do this. remove it. or make faerie fire cat available.

Possibly place cats curiosity in Lunar inspiration node after Lunar is removed.

Place eye of fearful symmetry in cats curiosity node after cat curiosity is in lunar node.

Connect survival instincts direct to convoke.

Bring back daught of deep focus to same node as Apex predators craving

Im ok with Veinripper for ease of play for some people.

Rip and Tear- applying rip to a target also applies a tear that deals a bleed.
I heard you like bleeds so we gave you a bleed that bleeds? I love the bleed build idea but feel like something more impactful could be done here instead. maybe even put draught on this node.

Blood talons, not a fan of the 1,2,3 version preferred the Legion version after a predatory swiftness proc, might make the rotation harder but make it where you get more of a buff on the blood talons then for the extra work. Maybe drop predatory swifftness down the tree or make a it a 2 pointer where the second rank would unlock the insta healing touch option to proc blood talons. But its also been a while since i have played that way so I could be completely wrong on this.

Piercing claws clearly filler

Protective growth- meh

Incarnation- doesn’t excite me personally

I would say the new tree is definitely better. Im no top tier druid by any means, but i love the class and want the bleed play class flavor to return. Im tired of the Owl weaving when there could be plenty of ways to make the tree better and more self sufficient as cat form. Not to say im not a fan of shifting forms, i love it. however so far the extra work between owl weaving and blood talons just isnt worth the extra work for the results at least in M+.

Anywho just my thought at first glance. All about receiving criticism as long as its with the goal of making the tree better and bringing us up to par with the other treees.

1 Like

Please no anything but this. This forced a lot of Ferals, in both pve and pvp, into a degenerate playstyle that almost everyone loathed. Hitting one target and only one target very boring and limits your capabilities for a large majority of content if its considered your best option.

5 Likes

Yea the only way I see talents that lean heavily into only doing dmg to one target at a time in such an exclusive way being acceptable is if the extra dmg they do is ACTUALLY EXTRA. As in if it’s 40% more dmg when only 1 target is focused, then you are balanced at 40% more dps vs any build that doesn’t take a talent that so heavily excludes any AoE. Otherwise it just leans far too hard into one encounter type to the complete exclusion of others for no real benefit vs someone that just naturally can AoE and ST in the same build.

1 Like

I wouldnt say you are wrong but, raids/pvp mostly ST for the most part where ferals were at least competitive. also i dont feel like the draught really changed the single target playstyle its the same you are just getting the dmg buff from using that leggo

Mythic plus even when going aoe builds, we were still dooo doo and then even worse on ST in them. We never had a option to really be good at one and competitive in the other whereas just about every other class/spec is.

Im totally for excelling at one or the other, but at least make our numbers competitive in AOE and ST despite talenting into one or the other ( no wanting or expecting to be amazing at everything).

It really just feels like a simple rip and ferocious bite buff, but disguised as, look at these amazing new talents on this tree. Nothing to change the playstyle. Which im perfectly ok with besides blood talons (still not a fan of 1,2,3 go) TBH.

I just want the numbers to be competitive in the side of the tree im not specializing in. Im not really gonna get hype for “exciting new talents” when at the end of the day like i said, it appears to be a rip(hopefully) and fb (which im not excited about…AOE bites with one mouth) when the bleed style shoulda been upped ages ago.