My thoughts on # of fresh wrath realms and intentionally limiting it

I will play on the fresh realm (North America) as long as there are no more than 4 realms. 3 in my opinion is ideal, with there being 1 PvP, 1 PvE, and 1 RPPvP. There will no doubt be population questions for fresh realms, since it will be a mix of many different player styles, so in order for it to succeed, it needs a good structuring.

If they start by having 6 realms in North America, just as Season of Mastery had, I may just pass. Here is the list of realms, followed by the description of why people picked the realms they did before Season of Mastery even started: Season of Mastery Name Reservation Details

Season of Mastery has 6 realms (4 PvP, 2 PvE):
Jom Gabbar (PvP East): Megaserver (was supposed to be Horde megaserver)
Barman Shanker (PvP East): Not Jom Gabbar
Mutanus (PvP West): Not Jom Gabbar
Nightfall (PvP West): Not Jom Gabbar
Shadowstrike (PvE East): Megaserver (was supposed to be Alliance megaserver)
Obsidian Edge (PvE West): Not Shadowstrike. Streamer realm that killed itself.

As you can see in this post, the realms destined to be the remaining realms did remain: Planning Free Character Transfers for Season of Mastery Realms

The streamer realm (Obsidian Edge) could’ve remained if (1) streamers didn’t quit and (2) if they didn’t have their own version of hardcore which pissed off the rest of the realm. But this is what happens in streamer realms anyway, and while this is no different than TBC or wrath, the smaller population just makes it more severe.

…so that is why I want 3 or 4 realms to exist over the entire North America. Most people are going to continue on their existing TBC realms, so population size won’t be as massive of a threat as Season of Mastery was. It is important to understand that the population for Season of Mastery was indeterminable, just as will be the population for fresh wrath realms, but what needs to be accounted for is what will happen after the first couple months. Fresh people are not people that would pay for paid server transfers, free server transfers cause “barely alive” servers to instantly implode, and having no transfers creates too many quitting doomers. Leveling on all 6 Season of Mastery realms was apparently great, but as time went on, they died off, except for the 2 PREDETERMINED MEGASERVERS.

The same will happen with wrath fresh realms, people will pick the ones to survive. There is no question about it.

I have played on Shadowstrike for the entire Season of Mastery, and while it is the PvE megaserver, it doesn’t have as many people as it would’ve had if it was originally the only PvE realm for the region. Players from Obsidian Edge and Lionheart (AU realm) had already quit before realm transfers became a thing.

Your thoughts?

1pvp and that’s it. But since people actually do like pve, give them one of those. It’ll be dead tho

People posted here or on reddit or elsewhere that it was the unofficial RP-PVP server.
It died.

Only two servers are necessary as fresh for Wrath: one PVP and one PVE.

Yeah, I did forget that was the RP server. Nobody knows the metrics of how many people actually RP in the game, so I could see that type of realm not being necessary.

My thoughts. Make fresh servers be the only servers with no lfd tool. These players are the people that claim bots are causing inflation and the prices on the ah are so high because of bots. Then in the next sentance they whine about farming for herbs beimg a waste of time because the bots are flooding the Ah with mats and the prices are so low that its not worth the time to farm. ???

If we are going to make special servers for the small group of players then give the rest of us rdf and let the few that dont want it joim this server too.

Tbh, as someone who played on Mutanus until transfers opened. It was probably better that it existed and we transferred later on. Jom sounded like a real hell hole early on.

My condolences.

If people want role play that can happen on any server even in an mmoRPG. If a gathering space is needed Grobbulus (RP-PVP) and Bloodsail Buccaneers (RP-PVE) are both still around for Wrath. That was really more my point. BB has lots of room (not high pop by a long shot) and Deviate Delight wouldn’t be folding if another RP-PVP was needed.