My TBC Problem

I play a Dwarf Shadow Priest in classic for fear ward. In TBC fear ward becomes baseline. I want to play Night Elf come TBC so I thought I’d start leveling one but I’m not sure if they’re going to do only fresh servers or add race changes? What are the chances TBC are only fresh or race changes get added?

Only devote the time you are prepared to waste. If you have the spare time, why not level a night elf? Only you know the answer

As I recall, race changes came in WotLK.

I want to polymorph my guh-nome Mage into a squidgoat, but as that is not likely in TBC, I’m probably gonna throw pink pigtails into the digital woodchipper.

If I can race change I’d like to so I can keep my proffs, items and pvp rank title. But if its fresh I guess it can’t be helped? idk just looking for hope lol

What are the benefits of rolling a Night Elf over a Human? Human seems pretty good for Shadow Priest considering all the rep you have to grind in BC and perception is good against all the rogues and druids you will face in arena.

Not to mention the 5% Spirit multiplier they get.

1 Like

Dwarves keep Desperate Prayer which is good but inconveient since you have to leave shadowform and they get Chastice instead of fear ward which is a holy spell; it knocks you out of shadowform and roots your target for 2 seconds. While Night elf gets Starshards which is pretty much a 3rd dot you can use in Shadowform and you also get Elune’s Grace which gives you 20% miss chance recieved from melee/ranged for 15sec; usable in shadowform. Being able to use these is Shadow form is a huge plus since it costs so much mana to reapply Shadowform. I think Stoneform is better but I dont really think stoneform out weighs the pros of the actual Priest racials themselves.

He asked what the benefit of being Night Elf over Human was, not Night Elf over Dwarf.

I don’t play a Human priest in Classic?
Perception is good but they get Desperate prayer like dwarves and feedback which is like a thorns mana burn? They’re not bad but I think night elf is better for another defensive that Shadow could use and a third dot which is a net damage increase

He’s asking why you’d reroll from Dwarf to Night Elf instead of Dwarf to Human…

Okay, that’s the answer he was looking for.

Yeah, makes sense, I guess. Starshards won’t benefit from Shadow Form, Shadow Weaving, or Darkness, though. It also won’t restore mana via Vampiric Touch or health via Vampiric Embrace. Feedback does. Of course, Feedback isn’t going to be all that great anyway, but the mana burn might serve as a decent deterrent for casters and healers bursting you down.

I forgot that Starshards changes to a DoT in TBC. It’s a channel in vanilla, so it’d be totally useless in that form.

OP, remember how in actual Vanilla there were no server transfers until further into the game (think it was Naxx patch), and yet they used that as a rationale to pretty much immediately put in server transfers in Classic?

Edit: Not a thing in TBC , I was mis-remembering this

Yeah starshards is awful now but it hits pretty hard in TBC even without it being shadow damage, also it costs no mana

Just stay a dwarf if you want to pvp on alliance, they’re still the best with stoneform.

I’m pretty sure it was wrath when race change came out. Or maybe that was faction change.

Incorrect.

Faction transfers were not added until September 2, 2009.
Race changes were not added until October 27, 2009.
Wrath of the Lich King was released November 13, 2008.

Weird, i could have sworn doing the Magisters terrace area dailies when that was a thing. My bad.

Still doesnt mean they wont say no to the $. Will have to wait and see if they take a strict-ish no changes policy this time around.

It’s been a long time. So many changes throughout the years, I mix up when certain things happened, too.

They said no in Classic so far to the same services. I don’t see why they’d change their mind just for TBC when it wasn’t until nearly a year into Wrath that they offered those services.

We wont know whats going to happen until they announce it which sounds like a snarky statement but honestly everybody is just wating to hear what is going to happen. There will be plenty of time to re-level (or not) after they tell us more.

1 Like

I wouldnt be suprised if they added race changing specifically because a lot of racials got changed