My take at a 10.1 Mistweaver set bonus

I think that Mistweaver could use some M+ damage buffs, and I think this would help out. Also, I think MW being the “melee group healer” would benefit from this set bonus. Let me know what you think:

2 Set Bonus - Misty Energies: Your Renewing Mists and Enveloping Mists now cause all allies healed by those spells to pulse with misty energies, dealing a small amount of Nature damage to all nearby enemies every 2 sec for 8 sec. Additionally, allies within 8 yards of the pulsing allies are healed for a small amount every 2 sec for 8 sec.

4 Set Bonus - Celestial Chain Reaction: When you activate your Celestial, all allies affected by Renewing Mists and Enveloping Mists surge with celestial power, creating a chain of mist energy that links them together. The chain deals a small amount of Nature damage to all nearby enemies every 1 sec and increases in damage by 10% each time it strikes an enemy, up to a maximum of 50%. Additionally, enemies hit by the chain are slowed by 50% for 2 sec, and allies hit by the chain are healed.

2 Likes

No.

No peace until unkickable soothing is back

While I think a lot of players would enjoy that, me being one of them, I think a lot of hardcore players don’t enjoy “passive” damage outputs or smart healing, they think it’s boring and lame, but I don’t think the general public agrees.

I could be wrong.

I would love it if my healing would deal damage passively on it’s own while I’m healing, the same way Fire Breath from Evokers does and Acid Rain from Rshams. So I’m all for this type of damage output.

It reminds me of the MW ability in torghast that made your vivify do aoe dmg when you’d heal a target. It’d produce a misty damage zone, and I thought it was dope. I’d love more stuff like that because then it’d make my preferred ranged spec more viable in M+.

2 Likes

Your idea sounds pretty sick, big fan of leaning into the dps side as a healer

1 Like

I could also imagine something like a DoT type of renewing mist where each damage tick gives a buff stack. All could be consumed in some way to unleash a greater dmg/heal.
Very basic but could work in some way.

1 Like

I do wish my fistweaver could at least compete with tanks for dmg. It’s silly that I have all the limitations of melee (and all the risks) to literally do 1/2 the dmg of the tank. However that comes about I don’t really care.

Also faeline NEEDS its CD removed. PERIOD!!

1 Like

Corrosive Dosage should be in the talent tree. I will continue to ask for it every chance I get!

4 Likes

I always think the best way to make sets is to have them massively buff stuff you wouldn’t otherwise be doing. It creates build and playstyle diversity.

Your ideas are fine, but all they do is just make damage appear on your meters for doing everything you would be doing anyway.

I’d rather see something like “2pc: Crackling Jade Lightning can now target allies, healing them instead of damaging them. It also damages enemies in an AOE around the target equal to all healing the target receives from you.” (including any HOTs)

“4pc: Instead of it’s regular effect, Crackling Jade Lightning now triggers Gusts of Mists on each tick, and also increases the amount of healing received on a friendly target by 30% while active”

IDK something like that is on theme. It’s basically a combination of soothing mist and zen pulse, and sort of like a channeled enveloping mist (bonus healing). It deals damage, but not incidentally from what you would have been doing anyway. If someone doesn’t like the play style, they can ignore it/the set no problem.

You can just cast lightning on an ally for some tickly aoe damage, but if you load them with enveloping mist and renewing mist first, that will turn their healing into aoe damage as well. Basically the flip of fistweaving turning damage into healing, this would turn healing into damage.

Hell, it would be cool if caster mistweavers got a talent like this actually…

1 Like

Do you really have the free GCDs to use on CJL?

Blizzard is unlikely to make an effect that becomes solidly useless to an entire playstyle, so I’d expect nothing to specifically target Soothing, Crackling, or any melee ability as the sole activator of the effect.

It’s also kind of a problem to focus on dps when we aren’t the frontrunner in healing by a wide margin.

2 Likes

I’ve suggested that we integrate Unison and Statue to work alongside CJL. Potentially having your statue cast it on 2 targets when you initiate the CJL cast.

Could be interesting to make CJL a viable DPS filler for ranged MW.

1 Like

I loved that ability! Corrosive dosage was easily my favorite part about torghast

1 Like