My solution to pvp server faction imbalance. Retail’s warmode

war mode is a top 5 decision in wow EVER

2 Likes

Yeah war mode was the worst decision they ever implemented.

In fact I think it should be taken off retail too

4 Likes

or just don’t play on a PVP server. Wpvp is one of the like 3 things that make classic, classic.

if theyre gonna add anything major/crazy to classic it should be cross server group/raid/pvp etc. warmode is horrible for classic

there are PvE realms already for those who don’t like world pvp

I’d only kinda agree with warmode if they disabled all runes for those with warmode off, and a way higher ore/herb respawn timer.

Even so I wouldn’t really want to see warmode implemented

War mode is quite different than pvp servers. Except for levelling and some crowded world events there are usually very few with war mode on.

However, you could have a different solution - for example oceania has two low pop servers - a very low pop pve server and a more viable pvp server. They would be much better as one server for forming raid groups and keeping guilds viable. However, many pve players do not want to go pve and vice versa. A solution using layering might be viable, where layers 1 and 2 were for pve only and layers 3+ were pvp and only people who rolled pve could access the pve layers might work.

Woah no way.

War mode sucks in retail.

There is no way it should ever be brought to classic for any reason

3 Likes

Not sure the issue is pvp servers, it’s always been people who enjoy, for some reason, killing people with a much lower level than them. I think those people have issues, but…

You can’t do that in battlegrounds, for a reason.

So I’m not sure why layers are not grouping people based on their level bracket like any battleground on pvp servers… that would solve most of the issues.

I don’t mind warmode, but it was a lag fest, and you were not doing any pvp at all just using it for the advantages, so it was not a proper solution. Splitting layers by level brackets would (when possible of course)

I have a great idea!

No.

Go play PVE. You can pretend like it’s warmode by flagging yourself whenever you feel like you want to pvp and unflag when you don’t want to.

You’re welcome. Kindly see your way out.

6 Likes

You can flag/unflag for pvp in a pve server. It’s the same thing as WM. But WM shouldnt/isn’t going to be on pvp servers

4 Likes

It’s bad for retail too. I don’t really like it. World pvp feels dead with it on

2 Likes

Is there anyone who doesn’t know you can flag yourself for pvp on pve server?

You can say that all the time you want, but if your guild decides to go to a pvp server you follow even if you don’t like it, and I’m quite sure nobody was expecting the amount of people who probably need help that apparently enjoy killing low level characters and make total strangers miserable all day.

Would be awesome to have the bounties for warmode to flag the people who do that and have a notice server wide to go kill that ganker for a reward. That’s what war mode is about.

That’s a YOU or whoever is dealing with issue tho… you following guild mates isn’t anything others have to deal with, stay on a PVE server and find a new guild and people needing help? They signed up for it when they created their character on a PVP server, if they can’t handle it… they can go to a PVE server, reroll.

We already have warmode in retail and it’s dreadful. The world with it on is just dead… because PVP no longer really matters outside of instanced PVP and you wanna bring that to a game where PVP is all that there really is to do to not be bored? The raids are boring and just old.

This is so incredibly stupid, like, PVE servers are already a thing. People who rolled on PVP servers don’t have complaints about world PVP unless they’re completely oblivious.

Here me out…

No WarMode; however, something similar.

Solidify the layers. Give them names and allow layer switching only in a major city at some Mage portal and a 10 minute Layer Switching debuff.

Let PVE servers have both PVP and PVE layers; while, PVP servers only have PVP layers.

There’s just something lost when you allow people to opt out of PVP. You get more griefing, not less as players can then get away from the consequences of their abusive play.

Sign me up for the “Chaos Bolt” layer on Crusader Strike.

War mode would kill any remaining WPvP that’s left.
I’m not sure why everyone rolled on a PvP server to cry and complain 5 months later demanding transfers

1 Like

They have you that choice. They opted into a PvP server. Which means PvP. Not PvP only when it’s convenient for you

2 Likes

It ruined pvp. No thanks.

3 Likes

As it turns out, server imbalance is completely irrelevant. All that matters is their ability to balance layers. Which they haven’t been able to do at all. So even on supposed balanced servers most of the time you end up on a 10:1 layer anyway.

Warmode would make more sense in SOD, because PVP servers are dysfunctional with the sardine can content.

That said, war mode is stupid. But it is illuminating to see how retail came to be how it is. All of these needs came about because of how Blizzard developed retail. We can see how they developed SOD and how that results in the need for war mode now.

It’s interesting to watch.

So turn warmode on. I know thats probably hard for you though

andys love to kill calssic lol